ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD ready LCD T.V's

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Im absolutely cluless when it come to this sort of this thing.

I want a 37 inch TV for my living room, HD ready LCD type thing, don't really want to spend any more than about £600.

Ideally i'd want a swivelling wall mount bracket aswell but i have an extra budget for this.

Any ideas? or webistes?? What sort of stuff should i avoid?

Thanks.

Samsung are good, as are Panisonic. Id avoid LG.

Have a look in a local Currys/Comet or something, make a note of the model number and then find it online cheaper!

AVForums are a good place for reviews etc, although they are extremely anal about it all and pick up the tiniest fault.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah samsung have been mentioned a few times...

Maybe thats what i'll concentrate on.

Yaris Hybrid
I think I just bought the 32" version of that Samsung. I had a 26" before that I paid £550 for 2 years ago and just bought the 32" one off of Amazon for £499 (think you could get it £20 cheaper elsewhere but I trust them) and I have to say it is brilliant for a budget LCD. A noticeable improvement over my old 26" so long as you turn off the Movie Plus thing that messes up the picture.

If the 37" is the same only bigger then go for it. I am not into how the TV looks as a piece of furniture but I have to admit it does look nice...although a pain with dust.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think I just bought the 32" version of that Samsung. I had a 26" before that I paid £550 for 2 years ago and just bought the 32" one off of Amazon for £499 (think you could get it £20 cheaper elsewhere but I trust them) and I have to say it is brilliant for a budget LCD. A noticeable improvement over my old 26" so long as you turn off the Movie Plus thing that messes up the picture.

If the 37" is the same only bigger then go for it. I am not into how the TV looks as a piece of furniture but I have to admit it does look nice...although a pain with dust.

Complete opposite to me then. I'm only buying it to look nice in the front room. I probably watch about 2 hours TV a week, tops and i'm not into films at all.

''Movie plus thing'' that messes up the picture? care to Elaborate??

Yaris Hybrid
Your buying it as a piece of furniture?!?!:eek: Why not just get a decent fish tank instead?!?!?!?:rasp: Well anyway it does the job as a good piece of furniture as it is a glossy black and all curved etc.

I had movie plus on a Philips CRT a few years back. It smooths out the frame rate of video footage. It is hard to explain it but it is quite amazing when it works properly. You can see footage on TV from the trenches in WW1 for example and instead of being all jerky it looks like it was filmed yesterday. Very good for movies in particular as they seem to be a lower frame rate than normal TV footage.

Unfortunately on the Samsung LCD it doesn't work as well and you get the screen kind of tearing and jaggies etc. So just turn it off. Most people have never seen it working properly on a CRT so they won't miss it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mrs choice, not mine. I'd rather spend the dough on something else. Hell, i was happy with the 14" tv/vcr combo in the spare room!!

T.Vs just dont interest me at all!

defo a good topic as i'm looking for one too .

in curry's they had a phillips one for 700 notes , but they are cheaper on line .

Mito Sportiva 135
Samsung might be what your after then. Nice modern frames and share many components with the Sony range...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
52 inch??! FFS, thats nearly the same size as the side of my house! lol

Mito Sportiva 135
52 inch??! FFS, thats nearly the same size as the side of my house! lol
LOL had a 42 since 02 want an upgrade from a s**tty samsung Rear proj:approve:

Rear projection are pretty pants...

We have a 40" Sony LCD and doesn't look too big, and our lounge isn't that large. Because they are so slim you can have them flush against the wall almost so less imposing than cathode TVs.

Golf GTD
ive got the 32" version of that hannspree 37" television and its great for my xbox 360 in my bedroom.

havent run anything else through it, eg Sky, so cant comment on that.

Focus ST-2
Samsung are good, as are Panisonic. Id avoid LG.

Have a look in a local Currys/Comet or something, make a note of the model number and then find it online cheaper!

AVForums are a good place for reviews etc, although they are extremely anal about it all and pick up the tiniest fault.

Avoid LG why exactly?

all i can say is non of the lg's i hav eseen have been that good sure they may be watchable altho th emrs's parents one really isnt it cant handle whites at all