ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head light correction in south yorkshire

CBR1000RR Fireblade
has anybody already done this in the south Yorkshire area?

i had ago earlier and i failed, can anyone do this for me for some pennies?

Thanks

CBR1000RR Fireblade
and you dont know greg if you never have ago, it would be a shame to see all your new detailing gear go to waste lol

BMW M135I
Sorry Ryan, only just read your pm when I was on my phone at work. I have done my before and they are definatly better. Did you use a machine polisher or just try by hand?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
a machine polisher bud, i have got rid of the oxidisation on them but the scratches are still there. they look pretty poor tbh

BMW M135I
What grit did you use on them? Ive got the odd scratch in mine still that are a bit deeper in size. I did find though that doing them once wasnt enough for mine and had to have a second go at them and thats when there was a difference.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
ok, thanks danny. hopefully dan is going to do them for me. if not i will have to have another go at them.

BMW M135I
If you do have a go at them, let me know and ill have a drive down to have a look. If not Dan will easily do good job on them

I'm having a bash at this soon, by hand, that'll be a fun weekend!

2000 grit wet and dry paper
Car plan rubbing compound
then Auto Glyym SRP

Sound alright? ( It's all I have) Should I do 1500 wet and dry first?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Big thanks to ipodz Dan who popped round last night and finished the headlights off for me.

The lights look alot better now and I am happy with the finish.

Cheers bud

^ LOL... Great minds think alike. That was actually what I said to him via PM the other day, if he or one of the locals couldn't sort it. Im desperate for some of those KK's.

I'm worried you're going to be disappointed by KK's, too much hype. They're good but they're also just doughnuts

Im going to demolish a box. Ive been on a healthy eating mission recently (especially seeing as ill be PT'ing soon - practice what I preach), so those doughnuts aren't going to last long. (not had chocolate/sweets/anything crap for ages).

Hmmm. Mine are 10x worse than that to start with. I know I'll get bored one I've started so I was considering just buying another set of lights and doing them slooooowly.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
If you have a rotary it can be done in just a couple of minutes. I was at Gouldys last night some thing like 7-11 though doing this 10 minute job haha.

Il happly do it for any one in my region that are happy enough to travel. Seems my going rate is 500ml of Coca-Cola.

Yup, it's not too difficult. Dave's was the first one that I did, so it was a bit of a learning curve for both of us, so it took us around 1hour. It is a really quick job though once you know the way.
Just give it a try if you have a machine polisher.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Iv done it before with a DA and it worked a little more time was tuck but with a rotary it blitzes through the job.

Im going to demolish a box. Ive been on a healthy eating mission recently (especially seeing as ill be PT'ing soon - practice what I preach), so those doughnuts aren't going to last long. (not had chocolate/sweets/anything crap for ages).

I hope you're sharing :rasp:

At some point in the future I might ask you to give mine a going over, no rush though

I hope you're sharing :rasp:

At some point in the future I might ask you to give mine a going over, no rush though

Try and grab one if you can. You might lose a couple of fingers though...

When you say 'give mine a going over', do you mean you headlights again, the whole car or a PT session? lol /tiredpaul

CBR1000RR Fireblade
^ LOL... Great minds think alike. That was actually what I said to him via PM the other day, if he or one of the locals couldn't sort it. Im desperate for some of those KK's.

Thanks anyway bud. I appreciate the offer :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If you have a rotary it can be done in just a couple of minutes. I was at Gouldys last night some thing like 7-11 though doing this 10 minute job haha.

Il happly do it for any one in my region that are happy enough to travel. Seems my going rate is 500ml of Coca-Cola.

Well, the lights all in probs took about 1 and a half hours. The rest of the time was spent chatting away lol. It was 1130 by the time you left dan lmao!

Ibiza SC
I just found myself a set of used headlights on eBay mate, got them for £35 for the pair, not one spec of sun damage on the either! Job done. I could have done a correct but if I recall one of the headlight clips were broken anyway.