ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit help

So, a week ago I got a new head unit from ebay, the Pioneer DEH-X3500UI, when my brother tried to fit it (I'm pretty much incompetent when it comes to car stuff at the moment, I plan on getting better) the main body wobbled from side to side in the cage, so it just couldn't clip in. There was probably about 1/2 an inch wobble room. I don't know if there's a different cage to get or if the head unit is just a piece of rubbish and that I should sell it and get another, in which case I was looking at the DEH-4200SD.

So yeah, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

182 FF
When the headunit was delivered, did the original Pioneer cage come with it?
If it did there should be no issue at all. Seperate cage from headunit. Fit cage in dashboard and fold out enough tabs as required to hold the cage securely in the dashboard hole. Slide headunit into cage (after connecting up wires first). Job done.
If it wasn't supplied with the Pioneer cage, thats probably what you need to get to resolve this - although other cages may do the job but its trial and error.

(PS - I'm assuming that you're trying to fit this to a car with a single din sized stereo hole?)

When the headunit was delivered, did the original Pioneer cage come with it?
If it did there should be no issue at all. Seperate cage from headunit. Fit cage in dashboard and fold out enough tabs as required to hold the cage securely in the dashboard hole. Slide headunit into cage (after connecting up wires first). Job done.
If it wasn't supplied with the Pioneer cage, thats probably what you need to get to resolve this - although other cages may do the job but its trial and error.

(PS - I'm assuming that you're trying to fit this to a car with a single din sized stereo hole?)

Yeah, I'm trying to fit to my 182. But yeah it didn't come with a cage, so I got a pioneer cage. I'll have a quick look to see if I can find a proper one for the head unit.