ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Headlamp aim too low'

Another part of my MOT fail. What's it all about?

I have a switch that is supposed to move the lamp up and down, but tester said that highest setting wasn't high enough. Thought that was what full beam was for ffs.

Does this have to be a garage job?

no, you can manually adjust the problem light by using an allen key on the back of the headlight, so it matches the other one, its a little white screw, turn it to raise the headlight up

Are you volunteering for the job? :rasp:

f0xy, if I do it wrong, I'll have to pay another £50 for the test. Can I tell for sure I've adjusted properly, or will I need to get an MOT pretest?

i would if you were local lol?

try this...............see if you can park facing a wall, about 10feet away, its gotta be flat though................see if you can see the height difference.........if the MOT place are telling the truth that one is out then it will be obvious.........................

the one thats lower just use the allen key on the back to raise it, you will see it go up (leave the lights on while you do it)