ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight help please

turbo 182
Hi there the lights and inside of passenger side headlight are loose and wobble about just wondering if anyone knows what the problem could be? Here a couple of pics to help explain the problem

first picture is drivers side and is fine(take note of actual headlight and where it sits height wise)
image_zpsd8e25366.jpg

Now this is a picture of passenger side headlight thats the problem
image_zps76ff0895.jpg

Any help would be great thanks

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's possible that it's came loose from the adjuster motor at the back of the headlight. If it sort of swings about inside the light unit this is probably the case. It connects to it in a kind of ball joint and the adjuster motor pushes it back and forth to pivot it and adjust the beam height so if it's came loose from this it will just swing freely

Arctic 182
It's possible that it's came loose from the adjuster motor at the back of the headlight. If it sort of swings about inside the light unit this is probably the case. It connects to it in a kind of ball joint and the adjuster motor pushes it back and forth to pivot it and adjust the beam height so if it's came loose from this it will just swing freely

This says it all. I'm no expert but after having my headlights out today, there was a lot more play & drop inside without the adjuster motor in then when I clicked it in.

My ph1 projector units were loose a bit like that, was because they become loose from the headlight adjuster servo, I couldn't be bothered to take the headlights out to pop it back in, so just left it aha.

turbo 182
Just to let you know progress wise its not the levellers that are the problems, its the joint inside the headlight, the lights and inside bits are all moving around loosely and need to be pushed onto the joint that is part of the headlight, problem being is that I carnt get it onto that joint, any one got any tips on how to do this? By joint i mean the white female part onto the back male part, thanks

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Image369.jpg

Is it this part you mean?

I had the same problem. Take the headlight out, thats the only way i could reconnect it.

turbo 182
No not that part, but it's the same design its ment to push into the socket, it's directly above that centre motor

turbo 182
The picture I have just uploaded shows the white clip that needs to accommodate the black point just above the wires, anyone know how I can get them back togeather ? Thanks