ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight levelling??

Ph2 Flamer
Since putting in a new (but second hand) set of xenons on the motor i've been concerned the lights are pointing too high. Have been flashed by a couple of lorry drivers so today tried to adjust them with an allen key but sod all seems to be happening.

I had the engine turned on and the lights shining and a couple of times when I wiggled the bit that has the adjuster it's made sort of whiring noise like it's trying to do something but when i'm turning the allen key either way I can't see the beam moving or hear it making any sounds like it's moving. Anyone got any ideas?

Is it lots of turns of the allen key to see much difference or should small movements make a big difference? Also I've read about some leveling thing which lives on the rear axel and has an effect on the leveling motor - if this was knackered then would that explain what I'm seeing?

Ta

Clio 182
Ive not been flashed, but think my left xenon is slightly higher than right - so without starting another thread I thought i'd note it here to, possibly a similar cause, but above my knowledge to diagnose it

Ph2 Flamer
Can someone at least say which way to turn the adjuster to make the lights point at the floor (from the perspective of standing looking from the front bumper down the car i.e. at the drivers seat)

Ive not been flashed, but think my left xenon is slightly higher than right - so without starting another thread I thought i'd note it here to, possibly a similar cause, but above my knowledge to diagnose it

left ones are always higher than right, as oncoming traffic are aparantly not affected by it, but in most cases the right is lower,

as for OP, it may be self levelling sensor in the rear wheel arch that is faulty, ive heard its a common problem

Ph2 Flamer
Cheers, its the right one which is pointing up more than the left so def something amiss. As above which way do i need to be turning the adjuster to get the thing to point down assuming I am facing the car clockwise or anti??

Ph2 Flamer
Ahh found it on another thread - clockwise down, anticlockwise up.

'You can adjust this on the lights themselves. Mine were crap to start with but are great now they've been adjusted.

There are 2 white Allen key holes at the back of the light, give these a few turns anticlockwise to bring the light path up but be careful you don't over do it.'