ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight washer fuse - 2A?

BG182FF
during a fight with my cabasse cd player the other week I was instructed to give it a good sharp hard smack, as it wasnt giving my cd's back. During this a 2A spade type fuse fell out from under the passenger footwell somewhere and i've since noticed my headlight washers arent working :s whereas a month ago they were working fine as the car passed MOT.

So just wondering is this fuse the culprit, and where does it go? Been under the footwell and cant find a random fuseholder anywhere :)

LY Megane R26
There not under the passenger footwell mate, open the passenger door and there on the side of the dash with a diagram explains what fuse does which. 2amp seems low for a washer pump tho to me:/

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
2A mini-blade fuse is, IIRC, for the Decoder Ring Transmission > UCH power feed. If the car is starting its prob a spare thats fallen out but the headlamp washers are (again, IIRC) on the main washer jet fuse. Are you main washers working and can you hear the light jets fire?

Mick

BG182FF
2A mini-blade fuse is, IIRC, for the Decoder Ring Transmission > UCH power feed. If the car is starting its prob a spare thats fallen out but the headlamp washers are (again, IIRC) on the main washer jet fuse. Are you main washers working and can you hear the light jets fire?

Mick

mick
the main jets are squirting, but the headlight washer motor isnt making a noise at all
edit- it wasnt a mini blade fuse either, it was a 'normal' size one, if you get me?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd pull the wiper motor assembly and probe the motor/meter the feed to see if it's getting power then.

They're common for not working due to poor connection/water ingress

Mick

BG182FF
the wiper motor or the washer motor? can i get to that from under the car or does it involve bumper removal, ect ect?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Why would you touch the wiper motor? LoL - Pull the wiper motor assembly and probe the light washer pump motor