ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlining removed sunroof leak?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I have removed the headlining from my clio so I can retrim it in alcantara/ spray it black. However I have noticed that now I have some water dripping from the sunroof area. I dont know if this is just from condensation or whether there is a leak. Why wouldn't i have noticed it before though? Absorption of headlining?

Is it worth me doing anything whilst the headlining is out like my drain lines etc?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I have removed the headlining from my clio so I can retrim it in alcantara/ spray it black. However I have noticed that now I have some water dripping from the sunroof area. I dont know if this is just from condensation or whether there is a leak. Why wouldn't i have noticed it before though? Absorption of headlining?

Is it worth me doing anything whilst the headlining is out like my drain lines etc?

Could be just condensation, that happens when the headlining is out. I don't own a non-sport so can't comment on the sun roof, but very interested in your plans for a retirm/spraying black! Make sure you stick up a thread on how you get on! :)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
It may be either condensation or a small leak from drain tubes but the mk2s suffer badly with leaking sunroofs, normally caused by the failure of the foam damming tape between the sunroof assembly and the roof panel of the car, very very common issue but easily sorted by undoing the roof assembly and replacing tape, plenty of info on google and there are a couple of videos on YouTube too. For the 20 quid or so cost wise and an hour or twos work it may well be worth changing to prevent further issues

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'll pour some water on it tonight and see whether it's dripping through. There was never a wet headlining before at all. I'm going to be refitting the headlining with velcro too rather than double sided tape as if I ever need to take it out again it's easily done.
And @RyG I didn't really think people would be that interested with it being a non sport. I've already retrimmed my doorcards but they need doing again properly with the fabric bit popping out. It's a 5dr hence the custom doorcards.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'll pour some water on it tonight and see whether it's dripping through. There was never a wet headlining before at all. I'm going to be refitting the headlining with velcro too rather than double sided tape as if I ever need to take it out again it's easily done.
And @RyG I didn't really think people would be that interested with it being a non sport. I've already retrimmed my doorcards but they need doing again properly with the fabric bit popping out. It's a 5dr hence the custom doorcards.

I love this kind of thing, I know @dann2707 lives in Huddersfield and attempted to spray his headliner, but ran out of dye lol!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I love this kind of thing, I know @dann2707 lives in Huddersfield and attempted to spray his headliner, but ran out of dye lol!

I was going to dye it with dan too but I just had enough suede left over from my doorcards so felt like that was the way to go to be a bit different. Also its cheaper as I dont have to buy more sprays. I just dont want sag, sag is never good.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I was going to dye it with dan too but I just had enough suede left over from my doorcards so felt like that was the way to go to be a bit different. Also its cheaper as I dont have to buy more sprays. I just dont want sag, sag is never good.

Sagging isn't great. I'm sure it will be fine. Whats the process you have in mind?

Are you going to use fabric glue, and then use a sewing machine to sew in the edges? Can't sew through the middle unfortunately.

Or, you could do it a bit patchwork? Sounds naff, but looks fantastic. I can't upload the pic whilst at work, but there is a 200 on here with a great example:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...hUICpoKHcooD98Q_AUIBigB#imgrc=QLl6Pf6IOE79QM:

Clio 182
I sprayed mine done all interior dying seats next week looks good just do it in the open as I did mine in my shed nearly killed myself with the fumes

Clio 182
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 57