ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat gun interior fix

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Possibly already covered on here but here's a couple of before and after pics of my efforts with the heat gun.

IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG

Looking....
I've had some great results on exterior plastics but never thought of using a heat gun on the interior. Cheers

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I'm also intrigued as to what needs doing to achieve these results.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
That's quite impressive. Do you just heat it up and rub it smooth?
No you don't physically touch it. You hold the heat gun quite close to the panel moving it quickly left and right or up and down along the scratches. The plastic sort of heals the scratches under the heat. The best thing is to start prob 2 inches away and work your way closer. It's better to under do it than overdo it, move it quickly for a couple of seconds then move it away, then back again, as it gets hotter you will see the damage heal. The trick is obviously not to get it over hot or you will end up with a mess.
The above was my first attempt. I've got rid of all the kick marks on the door panel and the sill and some on the left side of the gear stick console, worked a dream