ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater - Always on hot

172 MKII FF
Hi,

I've noticed a problem with the heating system in my Clio 172 02. No matter what temperature I set the climate control to, it seems to distribute hot air. I can still control the flow of air and all the other controls, just not the temperature; seems to be hot all the time.

Any ideas? It's alright for the time being but I certainly wouldn't want that in summer, LOL.

Thanks in advance,

BMW M135i
Or to be helpful either the cabin temp sensors is rodgered or theres a problem with the temp adjustment stepper motor, probably just be the sensor though. Sensors cost a few quid from renault and tend to make an irritating noise anyway after a while.

172 MKII FF
may need to regas the air con or something like that

Yes the air con does need regassing as this summer it wasn't cool enough. I drove the car late last night and tested the heating and it appeared to work fine. I tried it on hot and the car heated up and then put the controller down to min and it began spitting out cool air.

Weird....

Regassing; does anyone know where I can get that done or how much it costs?

www.renparts.co.uk
regassing it will make no difference, people always say this, it would still come through cool especially this time of year, the fault is with the distribution motor, do a search its been covered a number of time, the teeth inside the electric motor that controls the mix of cold/warm air has one of its gears stripped rendering it in-op.