ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heating prob!!

With winter now approaching fast i need to sort out my heater, it seems to only get to luke warm then stays there and dont get very hot at all!

Can anybody help as i hate being cold! :(

Trophy

Needs a new heater matrix, could try flushing it but wont last long.

b**ch of a job too.

Try doing a search.

Mat.

Have just tried doing a search and im pretty sure it is the heater matrix that has gone! I will test the pipes that go throu the bulkhead tonight! So if one is hot and the other is cold it is the matrix right? How do i go about flushing it out to try that before i take the whole dash apart?

smokey

Renault Laguna Sports

Flushing is only really a temp. measure if it works at all. Better of just going 4 it and fitting a new matrix.

i too have the same thing with mine, but its been like it for a while,

i flushed it and put in a new thermostat as the other one was shot !

i reallly must sort this problem out !

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

now Im the opposite - I cant turn my heater on full its too damn warm!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Naa the heater matrix is the cheap part.. its the fact you have to take the whole dash apart to fit it, lots of hours in labour = £££

ex Clio 172 owner :(

bubbles is right, garage said to me it was gonna be a day long job to take apart and refit. the matrix is about £40. if its a temp fix you want to clear windscreen, granted it looks s*** but you can by a demister that plugs into cig lighter off ebay for about £10

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 27 September 2003

bubbles is right, garage said to me it was gonna be a day long job to take apart and refit. the matrix is about £40. if its a temp fix you want to clear windscreen, granted it looks s*** but you can by a demister that plugs into cig lighter off ebay for about £10
Feck being able to see mate, i wanna get warm!! lol

Spose i better invest in a HAYNES tomorrow then!