ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Helix paddle clutch

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Any 1 had any probs with them? From new something ain't been right constant squeal and there was a on and off clicking noise like something was catching,if pressed the clutch a few times the noise would go away. so in the line of thought that the cluch was new, I took the box off and had it opened up and checked out , took Clutha off had a look at it all looks fine fitted everything back together , ran car for 2 day for a few small journeys seemed ok, then just started getting worse now the clicking a lot louder both the clicking and the squeal go away when depress the clutch , it sounds like some1 has thrown some bolts in the bell housing

Any ideas appreciated

Clio Sport 172 ITB
maybe something to do with the clutch release bearing? im getting a funny judder on mine now if i pull away not using much throttle... they are very wierd clutches took 3-4 tries to get it sitting right when i first fitted the clutch though...

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Iv had 3 new release bearings in didn't change a thing. It can only sit in 1 place otherwise the input shaft wouldn't line up and the box wouldn't go on!!!

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Few people have said that too me but , both of my mates clips that are running them don't make a noise well nothing like this

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Sorry my message was ment to say 2 of my mates Clio,s are running identical clutches and they are fine

ITB'd MK1
what condition is the gearbox in? i've seen many gearboxes with noisy main shaft bearings that are blamed on the release bearing.

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
It seemed ok when opened it up tbh, there was 1 tooth on the crown wheel that had a small bit missing but that was all could c, think next move maybe too put STD clutch back in start it up and if noise is still there then its the box and vise versa if noise gone it's the clutch