ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello all, newbe here from mids

Hello all,

I'm new here, Midlands based and new to Renault. Previous cars include 1.8 focus (first car) then moved onto a mk4 golf R32, then back to ford for a mk2 ST225, and I've recently bought myself a mondeo STTDCI as a daily drive and I also have a 1972 clubman estate I'm in the middle of restoring and now I'm currently looking into purchasing a Clio (most likely a 172) and using for fast road/track toy! I'm just waiting on the sale of my ST, and then I'll be searching properly for the right Clio for me!
Just wandering though, what are the main points to look out for on these? And what's the differences between ph1 and ph2 172's?
If anyone has personal preferences on 172 or 182 and have a particular reason why, post it up, will give me a helping hand on what to choose in the end.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Welcome along bud

I'm also a newbie here so can't help much with your queries, but I've got a 172 and want a 182. There isn't much difference in them but I'd just like a car just a little newer.

As for things to look out for.. well, just buy one that runs and drives bud! 😂 <<-- that's a dig at myself (check my project thread)