ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello - back for another round with a 172/182

R26
After quite a few years of absence I've decided this year is the year I can justify getting a track day hack and getting back behind the seat of a Clio.

Used to read this forum all the time and have owned a 172 Cup and 182 FF (oh and a little 1.2 16v) and always said that it would be my car of choice for a cheap track day car.

Currently daily is a modified BMW Z4 35i (running around 375bhp now) which is all well and good but not something I want near a track or one that would be particularly fun at 10/10ths.....so....the search for a tidy but cheap 172/182 begins!

Good to be back and look forward to meeting some of you over the year at any events!

R26
Thanks both, currently battling with insurance for road and track.

Only have one set of NCB so the insurance on a Clio 172 Cup as a 2nd car is coming up more expensive than planned...trying to find a combined track/road policy that gives me X number of track days + limited road milage to attend.

Listerine & Poledo

Only have one set of NCB so the insurance on a Clio 172 Cup as a 2nd car is coming up more expensive than planned...trying to find a combined track/road policy that gives me X number of track days + limited road milage to attend.
yep, that'll happen.

I'm currently working out how to keep the Mazda insured when the next car turns up.... If you register as a limited company you can get a trade policy? ;)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

Let me know what you find out on this. Currently I'm paying for multicar and I use the Civic about 3 times a year!

E46 M3, Clio 182

Currently having the same problem...! The multicar quotes are coming in at the double the price of individual policies, with one policy have no NCB.

Good luck in your search, I see you're from Bournemouth, I'm only down the road (Salisbury) and currently building a road/track 182 :)

Have you considered buying a trailer and just insuring for track days?

Surely this is the cheaper option in terms of long term and better if the car breaks?

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
@Rockford
Greenlight insurance who are/were a forum sponsor offer a good deal where they shadow your main car insurance policy, and you don't need to use your NCB with theach new policy.
You provide them with proof of a full cover policy on your BMW, they then offer a limited mileage policy on your Clio. They are also accepting of modified cars. I have had three previous track cars insured this way.

R26
Very good advice, thank you, will give them a call!

The Clio has taken a slight back seat to me completing my bike licence this winter but still on the cards for spring!