ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Berlin

Clio 172 ff
Hi everybody,

I registered here a few months ago, but didn't post until now.

So, as the title says, I'm from Berlin, Germany, and while there are a few german clio forums, none of them really appealed to me. The main reason being, that german Clio-drivers obviously don't track their car much. And Sport Clios are not very common in Germany either, so knowledge on this special car is rather limited, it seems. When randomly browsing this forum, however, I got the impression, that this is the right place for me.

I got my Clio only in May of this year. It's a silver 172 from the year 2000. When I bought it, it had around 65.000 km on the clock and it's at around 77.000 now. Only recently did I start to track it, so with one Track Day under my belt, I'm obviously a total noob. But I'm very confident that this will change in the near future. Second track day is planned for around the 8th of december and many more for next year. So, sooner or later, I will probably upgrade my 100% stock Clio in the Brakes and suspensions area. Which is when I will need some advice, which I'm hoping to get here (I already read a few threads about those topics, but it's still a while till it becomes relevant).

Regards,

Linsen

Da

Less
Good evening and welcome to the club! :)

Your English is better than my German! lol! :p

Welcome and all that.

There's always trips to the 'ring from CS members so you could even meet a few members at one of the 'ring meets!

Clio 172 ff
Thx for the welcome!

Well, I do plan to go to the ring sooner or later, so I might indeed have a chance to meet some CS members there. Also, I registered at RenaultSport.co.uk as I heard they're doing track days regularly. Unfortunately, most of them are in the UK, but if they should do an event on the continent again in 2008 -- maybe Spa -- I might come. If Germans are allowed, that is.

Take care