ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Bournemouth -182

R26
Hey, I thought I'd reintroduce myself seeing as Ive actaully gone and bought a car now!

I live in Bournemouth, Ive seen a few people with CS stickers driving around the area so I'll be keeping an extra keen eye out, dont be afraid to wave lol. Any meets or events in the area I'm definitely on board for :)

Ive just got myself a 2004 Blue Clio 182 with Cup packs, only just got it home but liking it already, despite the awful weather!

Cheers
Ben

Hello mate,
Welcome to CS, you might have seen me about (Titanium Phase 1, private plate A15***). Yours racing blue or arctic blue?
Let me know if you need any parts/ servicing doing I work for Westover and we do a discount for Renaultsport owners on parts and labour.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi!

Where in Bournemouth are you from?
May have seen my Inferno 182 around Southbourne? It stands out quite a lot!

In fact, did I pass you last weekend by Imax?

R26
Good to see so many people from around here! Im in Ringwood (K-tech handy ;)) but always in and around Bournemouth

Im pretty sure Ive seen both your cars around, definitely an Inferno 182! Im in an arctic blue 182 with CS stickers, just had a play n its lurvely. Handling and fun factor wipes the floor with the Cupra R I sold for it. :D

Cheers for the offer Alex, definitely have to take you up on that, will be need a few bits and bobs to "tidy" it up aswell as the dread cam belt change eeek. Gotta let my bank balance settle first thought lol

Thanks for the welcomes!

B

Bucko

I was visiting family in Poole this weekend and i must've seen at least 7 Clio Sports just on the drive there and back.

I passed an Arctic Blue on the A35 in Chideok about 1700 this evening (Sunday), not you by any chance?

R26
In Castlepoint today around lunch time by any chance?

'Fraid not, in and around Ferndown today.

I must admit Ive seen a fair few Sports in the area, 3 on my drive home! Was a nice looking Racing Blue 182 with White Racing stripes behind me (I was in the gf's car though :() with a CS sticker around Winton last night looked good!

AlexS, PM in bound, if you were working on Parts at Westover today I may have just spoken to you lol. I was scruffy as hell (im Ill....sob story) one of the damn plastic exhaust surrounds has come off n I asked for price

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
welcome mate, I no longer have the clio, but my Girlfriend does, heres is just a ph2, black with stripes, angel eyes and a loud exhaust. Normally in town or around castlepoint. I now have a silver Hyundai Coupe which I have rebadged as a Tuscani (What the Coupe's are known as in Asia and USA), I'll keep a look out for you!!

welcome mate, I no longer have the clio, but my Girlfriend does, heres is just a ph2, black with stripes, angel eyes and a loud exhaust. Normally in town or around castlepoint. I now have a silver Hyundai Coupe which I have rebadged as a Tuscani (What the Coupe's are known as in Asia and USA), I'll keep a look out for you!!

seen that car so many times!

172 clio ph1
Hello and welcome. :D Glad your enjoying your car. I love my little 172. :D Won't let hubby get me a bigger car again now. :D

R26
I now have a silver Hyundai Coupe which I have rebadged as a Tuscani (What the Coupe's are known as in Asia and USA), I'll keep a look out for you!!

Funny you say that, a mate of mine in Bournemouth has exactly the same car, including the rebadge! Will keep an eye out ;)

Bit annoyed atm as my car has developed a major misfire, emission light is flashing and has no power at any revs. Its certainly ignition related, Im guessing Coil pack gone, hoping it's nothing worse :O

Not got off to a very good start lol :(

Check HT leads (listen for arcing) and check they are making decent contact with the plugs, failing that it most probably is the coilpack (its worth getting the plugs out to and making sure they arnt rusty on top if the bay looks like its been recently cleaned)

Clio 182
Im from bournemouth now too :-D beats london harrow anyday! i live in wallisdown and my sister leaves in ferndown, got a artic blue 182 i normally wave when i see any RS clio owner.

R26
Im from bournemouth now too :-D beats london harrow anyday! i live in wallisdown and my sister leaves in ferndown, got a artic blue 182 i normally wave when i see any RS clio owner.

Ah Wallisdown, know it well, where the other half lives and therefore where I spend half (all) my time lol No doubt you'll see my car around. At the top of Kinson road there is always a nice black 182 parked in a drive, before I got my car I considered knocking on the door and asking if he wanted to sell lol......

Had a look at leads, couldnt see any tell tale signs of arching, all plugs seem fine too. Almost has to be the coilpack, not alot left for it to be! Going to get it booked in ASAP and get belts done at same time, two birds one stone.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Funny you say that, a mate of mine in Bournemouth has exactly the same car, including the rebadge! Will keep an eye out ;)
It is by far the best thing to do to them, they look nice cars, but the H badge does ruin it!!

Bit annoyed atm as my car has developed a major misfire, emission light is flashing and has no power at any revs. Its certainly ignition related, Im guessing Coil pack gone, hoping it's nothing worse :O

Not got off to a very good start lol :(
At least the coil packs last for ages - unlike the single coils the ph2 mk1's had!! I spent over £100 on 3 occassions replacing 3, then learnt how to change them and have spent £30 twice replacing 2! I'm sure as soon as it's fixed you'll love the car!!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
seen that car so many times!
ha ha I have seen an inferno around a couple of times, it was probably you! I deffo saw your old 172 at your work, but not been over there for a while, so haven't seen the inferno in the car park. I do love the Clio Sports!

artic blue 182
hello mate i am from west moors...seen a 54 plate 182 driving through these parts a few times and silver one coming towards west moors from verwood on a daily basis...always give a wave :D

A Beautiful R32
If the 54 plate is a silver 182 then that's me... Hi :)

I see a blue 1*2 going through Alder Hills everyday now, and the black 182 mentioned by Wallisdown with a private reg is owned by an old couple.

172 Cup
Ill be in Bournemouth 2 weeks on Friday ill keep my eye out for all these RS Clio's hardly see any round South East London :-(

hi all,

sorry to but in, im in southbourne by the overcliff too...!! small world!

got a phase 1 172 in silver, didnt realise there were so many owners rouns here! guess its cos ktec are quite closeby!

Chris