ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello im new + 172 pics

Hello everyone,

Just thought id introduce myself, im craig, 19 from middlesbrough, will be siging up as a member soon as my new switch card arrives, ive just bought a mk1 172 in iceberg silver, with 35k, uk car, i done over a 600mile round trip to buy it from bournmouth but every mile was worth it and was getting 45mpg coming home, i did have a 55reg 1.4 16v dynamique before hand but with my dad owning a mk2 172 i had to own a renault sport, so the 1.4 went after 4months lol, Ive changed afew things in the week ive owned it, clear side repeaters, silver vision bulbs, espace front spilter, bee sting aerial, magnex 6x4 cat back exhaust (to fit), viper IK (also to fit) mk2 172 side strips (being painted along with door handles and boot handle) and crome badges, the best buy has been a set of trophy alloys and michelin pilot exaltos, ive ordered a set of 40mm apex springs just waiting for them to come along with mk2 ph2 rear lights, Here is a link to some pictures i took today of my mk1 with my dads mk2 enjoy all coments welcome. p.s sorry if ive wrote alot lol.

Cheers Craig

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php?viewvar=2&page=1

Turbos.
You don't hang around do you!

Welcome to CS. Make sure you check with your insurance company before doing mods as a lot of them won't let you make them unless you're 21.

Cheers.

Welcome to the club mate :)

Cant see the pics but I'm looking forward to see'ing some when you get it all finished, the plans sound impressive.

Edit: can see the pic with the new link. Nice :)

Punto. Wahey.
Hey, I'm from Stockton :D

What I wanna know is at 19, how can you afford the insurance? Who are you with?

Ben

get a photobucket account set up, they are free.

I can't see the pics, but it'll look nice with those wheels on it.

RB + LY 182 FF
trophy alloys? arnt they the cup alloys? i thought the trophy alloys are them chunky ones with alot of spokes.?
im confused just when i thought i was getting used to everything on here :(

Last edited:
  BMW 535D
i can't see pics :( im from nr middlesbrough (billingham) and have just bought an arctic blue 182! look forward 2 seein you about

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Welcome to the site. Bloody hell, you have spent some money there already! Awesome. Do step by step pics of you fitting all your goodies above!

Tyson.

Turbos.
Nat8701 said:
trophy alloys? arnt they the cup alloys? i thought the trophy alloys are them chunky ones with alot of spokes.?
im confused just when i thought i was getting used to everything on here :(

Tropy alloys are the Speedline Turini's as on the 172 Cup, but in grey.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
lookin good - dont back it into the garden post like i did after a week of owning it !! grrrr

where did you get your alloys from mate ? been searching for some like that for ages ( well,.... a week now lol)

Hi Craig, i'm glad you like the car :) I miss it already :( it sounds like its being well looked after. 45mpg is good going
I can't see the pics??
I was very impressed by your dad's car it looked spot on. Did you sort that boot out in the end?

Punto. Wahey.
Craig172. said:
b3ns0n whats your 172 look like?
Heh, haven't got one. Driving a s**t-hot 1.2 8v punto. Yeah baby.

Hoping for a 205GTi around about september and then a 172/182 in a couple of years.... but I'm trying to convince the parents to get a 172 cup and shove me on the insurance... hence the forum membership :D

Cheers, 1600 doesn't sound too bad. Who with?

Those wheels are gonna look nice :D I'll keep an eye out for you.

RB + LY 182 FF
b3ns0n said:
Heh, haven't got one. Driving a sh*t-hot 1.2 8v punto. Yeah baby.

Hoping for a 205GTi around about september and then a 172/182 in a couple of years.... but I'm trying to convince the parents to get a 172 cup and shove me on the insurance... hence the forum membership :D

Cheers, 1600 doesn't sound too bad. Who with?

Those wheels are gonna look nice :D I'll keep an eye out for you.

you need to change your details <------ it says you have a 172 :p

Clio 172 mk2
Weclome to CS.

Nice car..I also have an iceberg silver 172 and am very happy with it so far.

I would never pay £1600 on insurance though...the performance is good but not that good.

Punto. Wahey.
Neil G said:
Weclome to CS.

Nice car..I also have an iceberg silver 172 and am very happy with it so far.

I would never pay £1600 on insurance though...the performance is good but not that good.

You'd collapse if you knew what I'm paying on a 1.2 punto then! (insured fully comp at 17, best deal by quite a way).. £1800 :eek: Robbing b******s.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Welcome, enjoy the car.

Which insurance company are you with? And how much extra is it for the mods?

James