ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hello :)

mini cooper s
hey, my name is Dan, im 19 years old, 20 in july, and ive currently got this beauty :)

DSC_1041-1.jpg

DSC_1042.jpg

its a mini cooper with a cooper s engine, ive already had a cooper s before this aswell.

im selling the mini next month and the original plan was to get another big bike (600) but my dad hates the thought of me having another motorbike.
ive looked at other cars eg civic type r and i find the clio sport 172 and 182 appeal to me as they seem quite economical, and still fun to drive. the power im used to as both my mini's run 215bhp but i want fun aswell, im stuck with what to choose, 172 or 182 ?
the 182's i like would stretch my budget to the top end, but the 172's i could easily afford to buy and do up.
whats your thoughts ? :)
thanks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome,

I'd recommend a decent 172cup... But What do you mean by do it up? As these are fairly capable out of the box.

If you can stretch to it, get a 182 trophy. Its the Best all rounder of the 1*2 range and they don't need anything doing to them to make them fun/capable

mini cooper s
thanks for the welcome guys :)
do up, as in coilovers, exhausts, bits and bobs but nothing chav like :)
what is the fuel economy like as i have a scangauge in my mini and it reads 6mpg when booting :(

mini cooper s
I can already see the classifieds but would rather do it myself so I know it's been done right :)
There's 2 172's I've found for £2300 and £2500, I really do like the yellow 182 for £4750 but it's abit much I think, even so I can't get 1 till I sell my mini in May :)

mini cooper s
Is that a biased comment I see ? ;) haha
Yeah it is a lovely colour but there's like £2000 difference and I do love the flame red tbh