ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help/Advice Needed

E60 diesel powah
Evening All.

As some of you may know, some tw@t took my front off on my Audi November last year. Having a bit of a predicament at the moment with the insurance and the garage now!

The 3rd Party admitted liability the day after, accepted the full fault of the accident which makes the claim easier to be processed. Hooowever..

Since the car is still being repaired 3months later i have just been told that my own insurance company have fixed the car (even though the 3rd party have admitted) and i also have to pay my excess charge and my insurance has gone up from 1110p/a too..hold your breath...

3,058 per year!!! LOL. Now please correct me if i am wrong, i assumed that the 3rd parties insurance would repair the car not affecting my insurance also me not having to pay an excess charge? Also the garage is f**king about giving 4 different dates for the car to be ready!!! This is my first accident in 7years so any advice would be brilliant!

Thanks

Immi

You don't have to pay the excess as it wasn't you fault.

You insurance will still go up, but shouldn't by that much.

What have they said when you called them?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes you do have to pay your excess. You just get it back from the other insurance company.

(Sounds like you went through yours and not directly through the 3rd party insurer, a mistake)

E60 diesel powah
You don't have to pay the excess as it wasn't you fault.

You insurance will still go up, but shouldn't by that much.

What have they said when you called them?

Exact words were "Till the claim is processed, we have put this as a worse case scenario.."? So basically they have taken my 5years no claims off which results to 3k insurance quote

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Exact words were "Till the claim is processed, we have put this as a worse case scenario.."? So basically they have taken my 5years no claims off which results to 3k insurance quote

Makes sense then, will get it back once they get their money.

When's your renewal?

3 months to fix! What was the damage???

E60 diesel powah
Vish -

Well the car was supposed to be ready 24th December, i knew it wouldnt be then due to being a festive period! So it went onto the jig on the 29th December, with a twisted Chassis Leg, after that was done ON THAT DAY, for the next 23days they have been basically putting a bumper, bonnet, 2headlights and air-con rad back together...!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Some leisurely place they've got, wonder if they're being paid by the hour?!

Sorry for the dodgy edit, I didn't think it made much sense and Tom's did. A non-fault accident can increase insurance, normally if its a 2nd or 3rd accident (fault and non-fault counted) on your history. As long as you don't have to renew soon and the 3rd party pays up soon, should be no problem.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Oh s**t mate! Surely if the other party has admitted liability then they are guaranteed the monies so don't have to charge you 3k. Hope it gets sorted ASAP mate! I don't know what else you can do.

ph1 black 172
did you not have your no claims protected????? as even if it was classed as your fault they usually take away 2 years no claim and not all of them.

i had a car stolen and they only took away 2 years.

i was in my 3rd year of no claims(so i still had 1 years ncd after the car was stolen)