ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help/Advice with Door sill rust!

172 Cup
Any ideas on how to deal with this, I literally have no idea where to start. Not looking for anything professional just to prevent it from growing and looking terrible! I have a touch up bottle and a spray can of mondial.
IMG_26821_zpszeuftu6s.jpg

IMG_26831_zpsqifbgwt6.jpg

IMG_26841_zpsdocha7oq.jpg

106 rallye
Take the skirt off as theres no point only doing the bit you can see, itl only get worse!

Sand all the crust n rust back then use some rust treatment like kurust etc, zinc primer then spray it with rattle cans. Most it will be behind the skirt when done so if your not looking for a neat job you will only see a bit of it!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Take the skirt off as theres no point only doing the bit you can see, itl only get worse!

Sand all the crust n rust back then use some rust treatment like kurust etc, zinc primer then spray it with rattle cans. Most it will be behind the skirt when done so if your not looking for a neat job you will only see a bit of it!
+1 on this.
The Hammerite Kurust is a good product to stopping light rust / rust starting to show. I've used it several times on numerous vehicles and other metal items around the home.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bilthamber is proper stuff but that needs more than rubbed down.

My opinion? It's had work and if you lift the rubber seal it may tell you more. If that doesn't show anything then get the side skirt off.