ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help !Car been sat for 4 weeks now won't start

clio sport 172
Hey every one. Got a problem with the wife's 182. It's been sat for 4 weeks over X mas why we had are little Boy and now won't start , but turns over ! We did start it once , then sat for a few days then tryed to start again and the bat was flat. , Tryed changeing IT. , putting new bat on it. Tryed another coil pack , and tryed swoping the Pedal / throttle body off mine , with no joy . I do have up The stop light and the heart beat light. And it looks like the throttle. Body. Is not doing any thing at all there is not movement ! Can any one offer any idea what could be wrong or any help please

dan's cast offs.
fusebox under the bonnet, 2.5 or 5 amp one, can't remember off top of my head, check that.

clio sport 172
Had Ecu tested and came back with no faults. Re- fitted. Car still dose not start. But the heart beat light is no longer up but now have a solid imobliser light and car stops cranking after a few turns. Can any one give advice where to go from here

172 Turbo
Take the battery off and charge it

Reconnect, hold down the alarm button whilst cranking it - I also put throttle flat to floor

clio sport 172
Has a brand new bet on it mate , Don think foot on the pedal with do any think as its fly by wire / not shore if that is working still . Could still have a wireing fault. Any one Els experienced any problems like this

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Foot on the pedal will do sod all :wink: Lots of people have had this problem over the years , looks like it can be various things that causes the problem .
Without getting it to a garage who actually know something about Clios , you could trawl through alot of older posts and maybe you'll find the solution. I've seen people mention relays , broken wires ...... sorry I don't have a definitive answer , lots of people on here guess at things . Might be worth having a look at the links I've posted . Good luck , hope you get It sorted.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/red-immobiliser-light-staying-on.669268/page-2
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=clio+182+immobiliser+light+solid

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had Ecu tested and came back with no faults. Re- fitted. Car still dose not start. But the heart beat light is no longer up but now have a solid imobliser light and car stops cranking after a few turns. Can any one give advice where to go from here

So the engine did crank over? You mention a new battery, but even new from a shop - it could have been sat on the shelf for a good while. Mine did exactly the same and a battery swap fixed the issue. The fact that the engine cranked over proves that there's enough juice (initially at least) to power the starter motor. That requires a fair wallop of stored battery power in the first place.

Have you tried jump starting it from your 172? I would definitely be trying all of the simply solutions first.

Does sound like a dead battery. It standing for a while and you then starting it but not using it and turning it off can mean it's now not got sufficient juice to start again if it's an old battery that doesn't hold charge.

As mentioned, get some leads and jump it with your vehicle. Do you have a multimeter? Very good investment @ a tenner to have one in your toolbox. Take a reading of both batteries.

clio sport 172
So after cleaning all relays and plugs and takeing the hcs out as well. And stilll no luck go rac to take car to garage. They have put it on the clip. And had a look and said. So far looks like. Injectors are missing there positive supply and the Ecu is missing on as well , The mobile guy that came out to look said the. Throttle was missing it as well , So could be a power wire failed , should know more tomorow

clio sport 172
Sod's law. Clean car all up and now is missing and flashing eml , Had a code for injector 4 and a miss on number 1 blody thing