ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*HELP* Car wont go.

Think its the Gear linkage, need to have a proper look on the morrow.

Drove to the gym, fine, got into the car park, dropped the clutch and braked to let a car through selected 1st and wouldnt go any where.

No Pops, rattles bangs crunches anything, no gear box bits/oil anywhere on the road.

Clutch feels the same, gear box feels like it isnt going into gear (usually have trouble getting it into reverse, now just slips stright into position)

Need help asap guys.

Thanks

Bailey

Caddy Maxi
you say it was hard to get into reverse before yes? well this is sometimes caused by the exhaust catching the selector rod this making it gard to put in reverse. (it happend to my old 1.2) then if you've been playing with the exhaust it may have moved on its mounts or come off of one or soemthing, thus stopping it go into gear. best thing to do is get underneath and look really mate

you say it was hard to get into reverse before yes? well this is sometimes caused by the exhaust catching the selector rod this making it gard to put in reverse. (it happend to my old 1.2) then if you've been playing with the exhaust it may have moved on its mounts or come off of one or soemthing, thus stopping it go into gear. best thing to do is get underneath and look really mate

Cheers, think it was/isthe diffs more than the zorst.

Need to go see it soon to have a look but its raining :(

Thats the one.

Am dreadin seeing it, am ptting it off so much

So am looking at posibly: unhooked shift linkage or popped diff circlip?

RAC man recons its the clutch, speedo doesnt go up so i think circlip is out, am just going for a look under her now.

How do i tell if the clutch has gone?