ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help: change of clio needed

I dont know whether to change my current 1.2 8v for a facelift 1.2 16v like the dynamique, or to get non-facelift 1.4 16v.
The interior in the facelift models is much nicer than the pre-facelifts but dearer hence the reason Im looking at 1.2 16v.
Would i notice much difference performance wise between mine and the 1.2 16v?

Budget of about £5000.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Charlie

Well Jamie (boyracer666) considered my car faster than his 8v so id say yeah, especially when myself and Tom were pulling away from him when racing ahead of some sh*tbox up the M25 to a meet. Ive kept up with a new model 1.4 16v flatout, he pulled away at about 100 or so by a car length. Id take the new model as theyre a bit tastier, or buy Toms of course!

-Rob

Ad

MK2 FRS

Id go for the facelift 1.216v, you should be a able to pick up adynamique or extreme 51plate for the money youve got. Pic carefully as there are plenty out there that have been hammered.

Yeah look for one with a female owner..or an old dears etc..as admits says with the free insurance available there are plenty of owners like me around!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i rekon get a facelift model too. Try http://www.tradesale.co.ukwww.tradesale.co.uk as u might be able to get one new for that money...honestly they do really good deals. the 16v also makes a lot of diff IMO but diff from a 1.4 and a 1.2 is significant to its about how u drive it, although there r great induction systems out for 1.2s

RB 197 Cup

hey man ive got the car ur thinking of getting and yes you will find a difference from ur 8v to a 16v. better acceleration and better top speed.also i think that the facelift model looks better than the non facelift one. and as david said there are some great induction kits out at the mo for the 1.2 16v so get that.