ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Changed to turinininis, and now knocking from rear wheels?!

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
ive recently changed from standard 172 wheels, to a set of turinis.

Am now experiencing rear knocking noises every revolution from BOTH rear wheels at slow speeds, goes away 20mph +, which i never had before. old offset of 48, new speedline offset 38.5 (cup wheels) also the Wheels are tight as onto the hub, shock lower bolt is tight.

Iv jacked it up, wheels off, and there is no play in the bearings, but the pads are binding on the discs somewhat more than I think is normal. Rotated the wheels with handbrake off and its happening still. Warped discs? Uneven pad wear? New discs n pads time?

Ive also got an ABS sensor ring issue where the car seems to thinks its skidding all the time. Thats going into to rentech for that problem, but could this be a contributing factor?

Ive searched knocking noises but nothing has diagnosed anything similar!

PLease help someone! Driving me bonkers!

Last edited:
Yeah, garage have weighted them, they said one was a little off but as its a rear one its fine.

Its doing it without the wheel on it too btw.

Oops missed that bit...

When you rotate the disc does it stick more at one particular point?

Yes one particular point on the offside rear. Its started on the left side too.

Only at slow moving pace, which kind of rules out th rear bearing as that normally gets louder that faster it goes, whereas this noise goes away with speed.

As the wheels have only been on th car for 2 days, ive also noticed more brake dust on the back wheels.

sounds like warped disc then, so new pads and discs time.

Thats my thoughts, Stub nut is tight too. Just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this issue.

I think Ill take it to mike at rentech to clarify, but that does kinda make sense.