ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help fitting omp boss kit 182 (help ASAP)

182 FF
So I ordered a omp boss and wheel and it arrived today so I went out to fit it as thought it would be straight forward.
i have removed standard wheel and fitted the wires through the boss apart from cruise control as it does not fit.
when trying to slide boss on to the splines it does not go straight on.
so do I just apply more pressure to boss to fit on r have I done something wrong?
also wat do u with the c/c wire?

Thanks need help ASAP

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I think the hole on the omp boss isn't big enough. I might be wrong.
Most people go with a momo boss. And it seems to work

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Ive used the OMP boss on two 182's now, no problem.
with the wiring, all i used was a file just to open up the hole a smidgen, it hardly needs anyhing, more just to remove the paint and general rough edges.

with the splines, have you ensured they are lined up correctly, there is a section that does not have splines on the steering shaft that should match the section within the boss!?

182 FF
Did not notice that thanks for quick replys will try that and see how I get on
do u have to apply much pressure to get boos on are shud it go on freely?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If lined up, it will almost fall into place.

remove the boss and look at the splined section inside it, then take a look at the splines around the end of the steering shaft, you will probably kick yourself for not spotting it ;)

182 FF
I did look lick an idiot now lol
thanks for your help just trying to file the hole now to get c/c wire through

182 FF
Got the wheel fitted thanks for the help
just need to have a look at it again as after putting all together found that the airbag light cums on and horn does not work
so will have to make a new wire for the horn
read that u can use 3.3ohm resistor for airbag but do u put a resistor in each cable are just one to join the two together?
as connections with omp boss did nt work unless they r fitted wrong

ST TDCI
A resistor in each airbag plug - fold about 5-6mm over each end and then put into plug, then fold the resistor down flat onto the plug and tape it up to secure it all.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
A resistor in each airbag plug - fold about 5-6mm over each end and then put into plug, then fold the resistor down flat onto the plug and tape it up to secure it all.

make sure you do that after putting it through the boss or else it may struggle to fit afterwards.