ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Mp3

Hey guys,

I just had my 21st birthday, and my friends know how much i love my car, and they all chipped in and bought me a pioneer DEH-P3550MP CD/MP3 player.... and i have no idea if it will flit in my MkII clio at all... does anybody know if it will fit??

Joseph

Hehehehe thanks guys...

so will it work with the satellite controls and what about the time display thingy?? will that work? like im talking about the standard one that displays the temperature and the time and what radio station you are on etc....

sorry u can tell by my confusing descriptions i have no idea what im talking about.. :confused:

My freinds are the best!!!! hope this works in the car!!! hehe

Youll lose the satellite controls and the part of the display which shows radio station etc. However, the clock and the temp. display will stay.

When you disconnect the original Renault stereo, youll see 3 plugs - 1 black, 1 clear, 1 yellow. The black one carries all the power, light etc, the clear one connects the speakers to the head unit. The yellow plug, a small square, will not fit into the new Pioneer unit - thats the one which has the remote and the display.

Sinply fit the black and the clear plugs into the lead you get with the head unit, then connect the black plug at the end of that into the back of the head unit.

BTW, youll need to buy an antenna adaptor, as the standard Renault one is female, and youll need a male to go into the Pioneer.

Hope that helps.

HAHAHAHAHA... will do mate!!

are there any similar head units that are fully compatable with the original display, and the satellite controls?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Renault have apparently released (or are releasing) an mp3 unit that is compatible with the original setup.. but I dont remember the model.. i think it was a sony unit though.

try doing a search and see what you come up with..

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I suppose that depends on your dealer...if anything electrical occurred I guess they could try blame it on the stereo

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

JoZeFF,

Here you go mate, found the thread with the details in it.. and how to get it.. i spose if you get renault to fit it they can hardly void your warranty for it.. cause its sold by renault for renaults, and its been fitted by renault.

Look further down the bottom of the thread, you get to keep the sattelite controls and the screen.

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=41305&SearchPagePosition=1&search=renault+mp3+player+sony&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=41305&SearchPagePosition=1&search=renault+mp3+player+sony&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search