ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed, gear stick

Mégane RS

Hi all hope you can help me, i have a clio 1999 and about a week ago the gear stickstarted to make a funny noise and is just hard to move about, its hard to move from side to side and just in general, but some other days it can be fine, i dont know whats wrong with it

A well built VW

I had trouble the first few months of ownership struggling to get car into low gears almost had to force it , changed gearbox oil for synthetic and its been fine for 2 years now

Mégane RS

I sometimes have trouble getting it into gear but its just hard to move around in general, also makes a kind of squeeking noise

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

under your gear stick gaitor in the cabin there is a white plastic ball tpye thing this may need lubricating this is proberly making the squeaking noise

Mégane RS

Yeah i thought this so i oiled it and it still happens, there is like a little ressistance whenever you move the stick anywhere

Caddy Maxi

is the linkage catching on the exhaust? if it has moved or if you have an aftermarket one this is possible

Mégane RS

I had an after market exhaust for a couple of years now and it has only just been doing it recently