ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed - Insurance abroad

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

In March im due to drive on the wrong side of the road for the first time over in Germany on the ring trip and im trying to get everything ready.

I called Admiral, who im currently insured with, to get a Green Card, to enable me to still be covered fully comp whilst im over there for the 3 days.

However (even though it doesnt state anything about it in my policy) Admiral wont issue me with a green card as im not over 25. They advised that if i was 21 they may consider it, but theres nothing they can do. Tough.

So... does anyone know of another insurance company who may issue me with some insurance for those 3 days? I have spoken to Competition Car Insurance but they advised me they couldnt help as my policy isnt currently held with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

cancel your policy and go with n insurance company that will, even if you just get covered for 3days, try elephant and direct line they should cover you for driving abroad,

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Id rather not if i can help it, changing insurance companies will be a pain in the arse. And Admiral were the cheapest i could find for the 172.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

have you tried greenlight? they will cover you definitely for driving abroad

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yep, 21s and over... i will be giving them a call in July when i turn 21.

Until then, im stuck being 20 :)

What about taking another policy out with a company who will insure you and cancel the policy after a week.

Many companies give you a 14 days period if you cancel within 14 days they refund you the full amount.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Argh, but so much hassle just for 3 days of being abroad...

Do i just risk it and be Third party whilst over there?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Im really in need of some help now..

Ive decided to change my insurance policy to someone else as i dont want to run the risk of only being coverd third party on my first trip to Europe.

Im currenly paying £1200 with Admiral

I called the AA to get a quote of £1821!!! No thanks...

So now im in desperate need of good insurance company names/telephone numbers..

HELP ME!