ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed - wheel bearing??

clio 172 cup
anyone in york area know anything about noise from wheel bearings? think mine going, so loud in car at 50mph, so need that 2nd opinion.

clio 172 cup
soon as u hit 50 , u hear a lot of noise, i thought it was tyres but they bn replaced and its still there, past mot 2 wks ago and KTec disks with bearings fitted put on last summer. i aint no mechanic and dont want to waste money buying something i dont need!!

Lionel Richie
go in a striaght line and turn left, then right if the noise disappears when you turn in one direction it'll be a bearing

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
like fed said, or jack the car up and spin the wheels by hand, you will soon know which bearing it will be.

clio 172 cup
im guessing they'd be checked for a MOT, it was happening then but as i needed 2 rear tyres so i was hoping it be the worn tryes