ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed with my f**king 182 again.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Driving home today, 2mins away from my house and the battery light, stop light, abs light, handbrake light, service light, traction control light and air-con light all came on. Then the spedo stopped working. Got the car home switched it off and now it does f**k all. There is a strange noise when I try to turn the car over like a knocking noise so have only tried twice. Any help would be really helpful!

Cheers cerrone

Mondeo TDCI 130
Flat battery? possible not charging?? From what i gather reading the post all the lights were on and you could still drive the car? turned it off on the key and it won't restart?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I had all belts done by Fred at btm couple of months ago so it won't be that I hope!

Clio Sport 182
Explain further. If you turn key what exactly happens? Does it try to start? Do you have a multimeter? Check your battery voltage. I reckon it could be duff battery or alternator gone, not charging your battery.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Well i turn the key and it does f**k all!it makes a noise but not like it's trying to turn over! It's a new battery it's been in there 3months! I did think it might be the alternator. But not sure?

Clio Sport 182
Check you still have an auxy belt, but i'd do a voltage check on the battery. If the alternator fails, the battery supplies the power for the car, and once this drops below a certain level, you'll get all sorts of faults come up, and the car will stop pretty quickly.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Just had a look at it now as iv only just finshed work and the belts still on! Just waiting for my old man to get home to use his tester!

Clio Sport 182
Started motor is likely to click if your battery is low or dead, that could be the noise.
Probably the alternator or battery knackered!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Been a while haven't had time to sort it out but it's off to btm for some love tomora! It is the alternator!! Fred is 100% legend!!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
finally, that has taken you ages, i need to ring fred tommorrow to book mine in for a cambelt!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I know 3 weeks tomora! Fred is a pure legend he has squeezed me in cuz I'm going away Friday in the car! Cnt praise him enough!!!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Really u coped for 3 weeks without your 182, i am ringing fred to give him a bit of notice so he doesnt have to squeeze me in, do you know how long a cambelt change is?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I had mine done by Fred I think it's about 6hours but dnt holdme to that!!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
This happened to me when the connection from the altinator rusted and snapped mid drive so the battery lost the connection and slowly drained! all the lights came on, stereo went off, and then the car misfired to a hault lol just needed a new o-ring connection from the altinator. Hope its that simple for you!! :)