ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed!!

Clio 182
Hi wonder if anyone can help. I was just on driving along a dual carrageway in 5th and came up to some slower moving traffic so I dropped it into 4th to over take, However I missed 4th and got second. The engine cut out and I coasted to a halt.

I turned everything off and started the car back up. However now the serv and traction control light is on and the car is running dog rough and vibrating as I pull away. The clutch is working as before and I have drive in all gears and can smoothly change gear. I managed to slowly drive it home and i've parked up to let it cool.

Any ideas what damage I could have possibly done?

Thanks in advance

Paul

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Ouch :( .. had a mate do this a few years back, caused the pistons to catch up with the valves = similar scenario to the cambelt going... not just triggered the limp mode?

Clio 182
I guess it is in limp mode but it doesnt sound good and its the last thing I need at the moment. Does the garage have to take it out of limp mode?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Belive they do mate, although if you have an rs-tuner kit it would come up on the fault list i would of thought, to be honest though i've never heard of any one getting bad vibrations from limp mode, only heard the car wont rev out much past 3,000 rpm to prevent any further damage.. may be just that though mate, although if you were doing 90+mph then throwing it into second that has gotta be nasty, bet that sounded nasty as f**k, if 8,000rpm = 70-75 mph in 2nd gear imagine what rpm it would be at around 90mph assuming you were doing that sort of speed

Clio 182
Just gone out to try and start it again. I dont think its in limp mode as revs dont seem to be restricted. The clutch does'nt feel right and I could'nt get it into reverse as easily as before without it crunching. Just got my bike out the shed so I can get to work tomorrow!! lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Does it judder vibrate when pulling away then get "smoother" as the revs increase? had a mate with a 2.l astra that bought it second hand & had this, guy at the garage reckoned the clutch had been pulled out of line, he ended up selling it a few days later at auction, could have been anything at the end of the day.. his lesson learnt, never buy ex rental - ragged to f**k lol, atleast you have second form of thransport though mate, weathers good for the bikes :cool: , although leathers are not fun in the sun:( .. biking memorys lol

Clio 182
yeah exactly that. It gets smoother as the revs go up. Sadly to say though its not a motor bike its a push bike !! I needed to get fit anyway, happy days!!!!

Da

Less
Sounds like you've probably pulled a load of crap through possibly dirtying the oxygen sensor or similar.
As for the traction/serv lights thats probably the infamous brake pedal switch fault, do a search for that it's covered all the time mate.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sounds like it "could" be that then mate, not gonna be cheap, belive its 6 hours labour to drop a clio gearbox.... worth getting it checked before driving it again, cant imagine it will be doing any good, could have been worse mate, could have had the front lock up & lost control of it