ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed? :/

Low and slow 1.2 16v
Recently my left rear light in my Clio has stopped working, comes on when I brake but when I turn my lights on it does'nt work? Also I have a numberplate light outv replaed the bike and the light itself but still nothing, the rear bike in the broken light has also been replaced but still nothing any ideas what it could be?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Im going to assume your predictive text has put 'bike' instead of 'bulb'. Are you sure you replace the correct bulb in the rear light? The brake light and rear light are 2 differnt bulbs normally. best thing to do would be to hook up a volt meter to the rear light connectors and see if you get any volts reading there when the lights are on, if not, then there is a fault in the wiring. if there is volts, then your bulb is blown.

Low and slow 1.2 16v
Yep and the fact its late haha nice spot tho lol I replaced the bulb that's got two prongs in it 1 for the brake light which still works and the ohe light itself, its been bothering me for ages along with the numberplate light aswell it must electrical, could it be a fuse maybe or just old wiring its 10 years old now its to be expected lol :(

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
if it was the fuse, both sides would not work. Have you don e a visual inspection on the bulb filaments to see if both of them are still whole and not blown? if so and they are both ok, do the volt meter test to see if your getting power to the socket.

Low and slow 1.2 16v
if it was the fuse, both sides would not work. Have you don e a visual inspection on the bulb filaments to see if both of them are still whole and not blown? if so and they are both ok, do the volt meter test to see if your getting power to the socket.
Cheers mate I shall try :)

Megane r26
If its a twin filament bulb its possible to put them in wrong as they have offset pins which would cause your tail light to be dead bright an brake light dim, hence why it would not show