ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help !no 1st gear after fitting dog bone mount

AB Clio 182 FF
Hi all
so early tonight I fitted a dog bone mount that I brought of a member on here , jus went out an it was fine , went in the shop , came out and went to accelerate off hard n the was a clunk , I thought it had jus popped out of Gear but when I tried putting it back in there was nothing , every other gear is working.

Any ideas ?
Please don't tell me its the gear box :(

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
check the bolts are still there in the dogbone, or that they've not loosened right off

53 Clio's & counting
Agree with Danny, there are 2 top mounts, one under the battery tray, but easier to check the other one, which is on the drivers side by the top inner wing, do some searches on hear about engine mounts and you will see what to do et

AB Clio 182 FF
Agree with Danny, there are 2 top mounts, one under the battery tray, but easier to check the other one, which is on the drivers side by the top inner wing, do some searches on hear about engine mounts and you will see what to do et
Wouldn't of thought it would of been my top engine mount as I changed this recently, the bit I don't understand is how would a mount stop 1st gear only , I can get it in gear an everything but when I let the clutch out nothing happens

53 Clio's & counting
It could be the engine has moved slightly enough to not allow you to push it in gear enough to take drive although it feels like it is in gear.

It could well be the top mount if you didnt do it up tight enough?

Also could have knocked the linkage but doubtfull if you say you have driven it a little bit and it was ok

AB Clio 182 FF
It could be the engine has moved slightly enough to not allow you to push it in gear enough to take drive although it feels like it is in gear.

It could well be the top mount if you didnt do it up tight enough?

Also could have knocked the linkage but doubtfull if you say you have driven it a little bit and it was ok

Just checked top engine mount and it seems to be fine not loose or anything

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I reckon linkage, you can easily lose first if it moves a bit.

You need one man under the car, then you in the car, move the linkage, try to get all gears, repeat.

SQ5
Did you put the bolts back in the right way?

If not the bolt will be blocking the linkage from going over.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
So if you had one person under the car and one in it you must of seen where first was having issues, what could you see?

AB Clio 182 FF
So if you had one person under the car and one in it you must of seen where first was having issues, what could you see?

Yeh its not engaging , if the person pushes the arm from undeneath then it engages and the wheels start spinning ,
took it to my local mechanic earlier he spent ages on it playng around with the linkage and still nothing
He could get me 1st gear back but then i lost reverse gear ,
really have no idea what the problem is :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
OK so if you got first, but lost reverse, you haven't killed the box. I'm still going with linkage. It's a two man job as said, and does take patience.

AB Clio 182 FF
took the linkage off and tried to put it manually in first via the lever on the gearbox and it just wont engage properly , if i push really hard on it the wheels start to spin but i can stop them with my hand