ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! NOISY Wipers...

RB 182 Cup+ TS 182
My windscreen wipers are ridiculously squeaky but it's definitely not the blades. Sounds like its coming from under the plastic. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any help appreciated.

RB 182 Cup+ TS 182
I have done that. The noise is coming from under the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I had two noises coming from mine but yours sounds like the mechanism. Sprayed a s**t load of good old WD on it and never heard a squeak since :)

Clio 182 and Boxster
Hi there, had a similar problem with mine. I ending up buying a complete motor and linkage set, because two out of the three spindles had dropped due to the circlips holding them missing. This was causing part of the mechanism to be in contact with the windscreen. Also when I removed the old motor, I notice that it wasn't fitted correctly, there is a rubber grommet on the back of the motor which should be pushed onto the metal bolt sticking out from the bulkhead. This supports the mechanism. This is what was causing the awful screeching noise. Since I replace everything it now works perfectly. Happy days!!!
Hope this helps you with your problem.

RB 182 Cup+ TS 182
Cheers namod182 ! I will try this the weekend. It's driving me mental in the wet. I tried spraying loads of WD on it so drastic action needed.