ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!! O/S/F Knocking

Clio 182+ Cup pack
So ive had a knocking for a few weeks now and have investigated several times around the track rod end, hub, top mount etc and cannot find anything wrong, besides my strut top has excessive damage on it. The top isnt Round its more egg shaped like someone has ground it out or over time something has rubbed? Ive replaced the shocks all round, bottom arms, track rod ends & top mounts this was done by a local garage. The car is on Eibach sport line springs that is the only mod to the handling from standard. The car also pulls off to the left. Also during dry turning there is a knock/bonging noise from the O/S/F corner. But only when locking to the left there is nothing to the right.

Anyone Please help Ive run out of ideas :/. Ill post a pic later of the strut top.

Many Thanks in advance.
Brett.

Clio 172
It sounds like a problem I've been suffering with for a long time and its all of a sudden got a lot worse meaning I have more chance of pinpointing it. Fairly sure now that its the outer CV. How many miles are on your driveshafts?

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Im unsure I've had the car myself for around 10k. It seems the previous owner only knew how to maintain the engine. Suspension etc has all been replace -.-
Im gonna try some solid top mounts i cannot find any wear on anything on the front end.

Clio 172
Exactly what I did but the solid top mounts didn't help. The driveshaft is knocking its brains out right now but there is no play in anything!

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Are you gonna replace the drive shaft? If you do let me know what happens I'm gonna check mine out today. Cheers