ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please! (+pics.)

My car has pretty much died, running really rough, will idle rediculously and cut out... lights on dashboard etc.
I understand the metal cover rubs on some wires causing irratic running amongst other things.

22012010623.jpg

22012010622.jpg

wires are visible ETC.
What is it that i need to replace? (what's the name of it?)

2002 1.2 16v BTW.

As long as the actual wires aren't burst just wrap it in a bit of leccy tape and wrap it back up properly.

Oh and that leave that shitty bit of metal off completly.

i'll go out and give it a try...

is this the worst think to have break btw? i remember reading somewhere it could either be the loom or the coil pack etc, and if it's the loom - you're knackered basically... :S

If thats knackered you'd be as well getting a new clio, sure I read that it it's upto £1300 just for that bit of wiring.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yeah that stupid bit of metal covering the loom is damaging, its loose to rattles around and causes friction to the wires, causing them to rip to shreds/burn the plastic covering the wires. Mine was rubbing away, so covered it with electrical/insulation tape and it worked a treat.

Had the car serviced a couple of weeks later, and the renault guy was like WTF is that tape lol

BMW M135i
Only wants a new engine loom and the anti tamper cover binning. Nothing too major, they're about £130 these days.

Right, Taped up the wiring a little better than yesterday and the car seems to run alright again,
But the engine fault light is still on.. so does this mean it's sorted itself out and it's a case of dealing with having the light on, or am i still going to have to get a new loom?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Just keep driving it then, i would if i was you replace the loom in time, because it will only get worse.

ph2 172
Is it not a possibility of finding a car with that connector with wiring intact at a scrappies and snipping cables attached to it and rejoining properly onto your loom?

could do that, but it's a case of finding another loom, soldering it correctly and wrapping it in wire casing - and i can't solder! :(
booked the car in to renault for friday, they're going to try and solder it up etc, and the engine light could be down to a different fault... we shall see!