ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help setting IP CCTV camera up

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
TBH you should really use this as an excuse to upgrade your machine. At present its a bit like ordering in Sky HD 3D then plugging it into a 19inch Blank and White Bush portable.

yeah i know as always in life money is an issue and this machine is used for cctv recording only. nothing else

so providing the ip camera works and recorded in HD i dont care. i can take the footage and display it on another machine to see its high quality if need be. im guessing it would probably be wise to get some more ram to

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok 2gb of ram ordered, just just need to sort the card out now

as requested

untitled-9.jpg

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I am not sure that the gpu is the problem here, certainly an upgrade is a good idea i am just not convinced it will fix everything

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so what could be the problem. feel free to remote onto the computer and take a look (Pm me for details)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Is the software available from the internet, if so can i have a link

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
um dont think so, but i could upload somewhere.

heres a little something i just picked up on

when i go into the ip camera software its picks up what im assuming to be the camera - realtek RT8139....

ive just gone into device manager and network adaptors and it says realtek RT8139...

so is the software actually picking up the camera and giving it the same name or is it not picking the software up? the camera software does give the realtek thing a ip address

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Your camera shouldnt be in device manager and you should be required to enter the camera's IP address inside the software in order to access it as it is IP based and not physically connected to your PC, i am assuming you connect it via a switch to your pc

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the computer is connected to my bt homehub via a cable. the ip camera is plugged into my bt homehub via cable also.

im not saying the camera is in the device manager. but whatever the cctv program is picking up is in the device manager??

download here -

www.laser-man.co.uk/test/cctv.zip

Wild guess says its picking up the network card in the computer, not the camera. Could be wrong but it's home time and I'm in a rush, I'll check back tomorrow.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
The ip address on top of the camera is 192.168.1.214.

When I go into the camera software the ip address of the realtek device its picking up is 192.168.1.214

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
really? is it that simple?

so i dont need anything special to work with the motherboard?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
]when i go into port forwarding setting in my bt homehub it picks up an hd camera, all the computer picks up is a realtek thing.

i get the feeling the computer isnt picking the camera up, anyone offer any further advice

untitled-13.jpg

The realtek will be your network card I think. Find out the IP address of the camera. If it's static it will be labelled or in the documentation somewhere. If it's dynamic the home hub will have it listed.

You should then be able to access the camera via a web browser (or at least ping it) by typing in the IP like you have with the home hub (providing they are on the same subnet)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
The realtek will be your network card I think. Find out the IP address of the camera. If it's static it will be labelled or in the documentation somewhere. If it's dynamic the home hub will have it listed.

You should then be able to access the camera via a web browser (or at least ping it) by typing in the IP like you have with the home hub (providing they are on the same subnet)

and thats the problem...

so camera say 192.168.1.214 on it

WP_000064.jpg

the camera software says 192.168.1.214 but realtek

untitled1-2.jpg

and connections manager says realtek

untitled2.jpg

im completely lost and it seems like rocket science to get this camera to work

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Check the ip address of the camera on the homehub page

oh and the adapter should be realtek, it is showing up the card installed in your computer as the gateway to the network

Type the ip adress of the camera into a web browser

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Check the ip address of the camera on the homehub page

oh and the adapter should be realtek, it is showing up the card installed in your computer as the gateway to the network

been trying to check the ip addy via the homehub but cant workout how?

Open a command prompt and run "ipconfig /all"

This will list the ip address of your machine.

I believe the camera software is just showing the network over which its connected.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
been trying to check the ip addy via the homehub but cant workout how?

i think its in advanced settings then attached devices or something like that, just click around and you will find a heirachiecal map

The mac address listed in the software is different to that listed in the home hub. So the software is seeing the network card or getting confused. As said find out the IP address of your computer and we can go from there.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok will see what i can do, once again anyone fancy remoting on and having a play ;-) im out of my depth here

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The mac address listed in the software is different to that listed in the home hub. So the software is seeing the network card or getting confused. As said find out the IP address of your computer and we can go from there.

he has set up port forwarding on the home hub, the mac is of the network adapter it is forwarding to

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok found the unknown device in the bt homehub setting and the ip address is 192.168.1.214 i also enabled port forwarding on the unknown device

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
on the camera there is no lense cover anything like that is there, maybe a power switch or anything like that

DCi
i dont think i would be too concerned with your port forwarding as you are both connecting to the same network so it doesnt matter (unless you have some weird setup, which would be unlikely I am guessing)

how many wires are going into the back of the camera? just to double check a network lead AND a power lead. You were asked earlier and I dont think I saw an answer although I might have missed it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

try this, press windows key + R type cmd [enter] type ping [ip of camera]

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
on the camera there is no lense cover anything like that is there, maybe a power switch or anything like that

lens covers are off and i can see light through the lens when i look through.

no switches that i can see only a reset one

i dont think i would be too concerned with your port forwarding as you are both connecting to the same network so it doesnt matter (unless you have some weird setup, which would be unlikely I am guessing)

how many wires are going into the back of the camera? just to double check a network lead AND a power lead. You were asked earlier and I dont think I saw an answer although I might have missed it.

the camera has a 12v psu plugged into it for power and just a ethernet cable. the ethernet cable comes straight out and into the home hub

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Try connecting the camera directly to the pc. Without the hub.