ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with a mk1 p reg

clio 1.2 16v,
rite its a 1.4 maxim s

been sat around for about 1 month,

started up fine,

but seriusly serislu smokes white smoke pouring out of the zorst,

also teh header tank is fizzing and overflowwing

headgasket?

clio 1.2 16v,
rite now, me and my old man know a bit about mechanics but have never done a headgasket we can get it done at his workshop but our mechainc will still want paying as it will be in his spare time?

is it a ok job to do yourself, i can get all the parts as im in the car industry.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate, a panel beater (who is obviously good on the spanners but has never EVER seen the inside of an engine) fixed my old 1.4 clio by using the internet and a socket set.

Cost me £75 for parts and that was it. (HG kit, Oil/Oil filter/Coolant and a cambelt)

If you know a bit about how it all should work, you'll be fine mate.

clio 1.2 16v,
im going to change the belt while im there anyway, parts are not much atall all trade prices. i guess we can give it a go if it doesnt work then the engine conversion gets closer

Lol, josh ! This is the car the other day you were on about, where you said the head gasket had gone on it.

clio 1.2 16v,
yea it is cat lol, i got there, started it. i was like so what exactly is wrong with it?

he replied i dont know im not a mechainc !!

so im going to get it tonight for a trial and spend all night going over it with a fine toothcombe, but just wondering how easy it is or hard to do a headgasket