ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with cams ????????/

mk4 golf gttdi180
right i need a little advice if there are any engine gurus on this time of night

im looking at a set of cat cams for m 106 gti 120 bhp

im looking at these ones in particular ,there on the bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=330266375490&Category=9886&_trksid=p3907.m29

a few questions:
1. will they fit myne a 1999 pug 106 gti 120bhp
2. i now ive got a good enougth manufold to run them and ill also need a remap but thats coming at crimbo but do i need anything like followers ? or can i just direct replace them ?

ive been asking on 106 owners and they say i can use them as a direct replacement but it will idle lumpy untill a remap but i would like some more reasurrance please:)

thanks

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
I'm no engine guru but when i changed the cam on my fiesta rs turbo, i got told to have followers and solid lifters.

But maybe the 106 engine is different to the cvh, i know it's not much help but i guess to get the best out of them you should get the whole kit like.

ITB'd MK1
well the CATCAMS site says you need followers, retainers and springs. This is normally because of a steep decline profile on a high lift cam meaning standard followers will bottom out, and springs will be too soft to keep up with the speed of closing so your valves will be floating in an uncontrolled manor.

LY 182
on the cvh engine the followers need changing whenever the cam is changed be it a standard cam or an aftermarket item, that engine is known for premature cam wear and old followers will just wear ridges in to the new cam

its best to speak to the manufacturer of the cams you are after as wether or not you need uprated springs/followers depends on the lift of the cams

mk4 golf gttdi180
the ones ive posted up in the linkare 804s they need followers etc but ive fouinf out the bggest i cab rub on stock parts are the 708s and they will run fine on the stock engine with a remap , any one shed anymore lights?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
the 804's are not for your engine.. they fit the C2 1.6 16v and 206 XSi

The 708's are really good cams and cars with them are rolling roaded regularily at around 145bhp. It works with oem followers, retainers and springs

This is the spec of it
  • Inlet duration [0.1mm+cl]: 256 deg, Exhaust duration : 256 deg
  • Inlet duration [1.0mm+cl]: 230 deg, Exhaust duration : 230 deg
  • Inlet valve lift [cl=0]: 10.00mm, Exhaust valve lift : 10.00mm
  • Peak Angle: Inlet 110 deg, Exhaust 106 deg
  • Timing [1.0mm+cl](Inlet open - close) / (Exhaust open - close) : 5-45/41-9
  • Lift at TDC [cl=0]: 1.55mm ; Exhaust lift (TDC) : 2.00
  • Valve clearances : Inlet = .008"/.20mm ; Exhaust = .010"/.25mm
I think we have a deal for 106-Owners members on those CatCams at the moment