ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with detailing

Rb 182
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is right section, If it's wrong I'm sorry please move :D

Anyway....

I just bought a RB 182 :) n I f**king love the colour :) but I bought it from a woman who I guess just used to but it threw the car wash :( n it's got swirl marks everywhere :(
I don't know the first thing about restoring the paint :( IV read loads of guides now n spoke to friends etc..... N I just don't know where to start :(

So was wondering anyone knows of anyplace in Wiltshire I could get this restore done or anyone of ere any good I will pay obviously :)

Thanks in advance Josh

Not a 320d
Do you want to remove teh defects or hide them,

Pay someone £250+ for a decent full machine correction.

Or do it yourself with some of the DA kits on Clean your car. (google)

Or use a filler heavy hand product like Poorboys Blackhole.

Rb 182
I want to get rid of them really :)

Where bouts could I get a machine polish done?

N like I said I have no idea what I'm doin when cleaning cars :(

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
There are loads of detailers around that could machine polish your car mate. Give us a PM and I can try and point you in the right direction in terms of the basics, however there are a good number of people on the forum who are a lot more knowledgable than me when it comes to the fine details (no pun intended) in terms of swirls etc.

Not a 320d
Oh and before you get it done, learn to maintain it properly first.

Said it before, but whats the point in having a 1000hp Skyline and having brakes from a Clio 1.2.

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
You'd be suprised how difficult it can be (to maintain a defect free finish 'properly'! ;))

If you've not already read something similar then, this may help: Safe-Wash Guide

Clio Extreme 1.2
Head over to detailing world and have a read up there (although they disabled guest reading temporarily recently).

Get a DA polisher from cleanyourcar (maybe the menzerna kit), and possibly practice on an old panel.

Remember that the finish is all in the preparation, and ensure you clean the car correctly (ie. Two bucket method, wash mitt etc).

Detailing world has loads of help- I came on this forum over from there as there was a couple of Clio owners.