ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Dr Dre Beats..

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I've got the Solo HD, they are a decent headphone. Obviously the studios are better but your looking at an extra £125.

I've got the Solo HD, they are a decent headphone. Obviously the studios are better but your looking at an extra £125.

Yeahh see I dont have an extra £125 ahaha so thats why I ruled them out. Will a blackberry work with solo's?

I just got the monster beats for my birthday

The sound quality is mind blowingly good - makes my old sennheisers sound like s**t
The controls work flawlessly with my iPhone 4 and they are a great price

DB.

BMW 440i
The design is something else aesthetically though. Look amazing and it's where it beats most competitors!

2.2 bar shed.
They're shat. I dont even like the looks of them personally, I think they look cheap and tacky.

That doesnt sound to good considering how much they are!

They sound incredible, but alot of people have problems same as mine. Cable input in the headphone is farked. Have to wiggle it about to get it to work. They got used for two weekends!

MINI FJCW
Ive had a pair, the studio ones(£279.99) ones, and never had anything go wrong with them.

Very good headphones.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Beats are just loud. Don't confuse loud for good sound quality.

HTC have bought half of the company.

So expect there to be new versions every 8 days and you'll need to add your own software to make them useable.

Listerine & Poledo
This

Stickling a brand onto a turd doesn't make it better, apart from if you're more worried about what poeple think when you're seen wearing them... even then

I've used these every working day for a year, they've sounded great, but even a scuff or any sign of use. The big ear-pads are comfy enough to use just to block out the office noise too.

They're much bettter built than Beat Audio too, from what I've seen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001UE6PE0/?tag=cliospnet01-21

This

Stickling a brand onto a turd doesn't make it better, apart from if you're more worried about what poeple think when you're seen wearing them... even then

I've used these every working day for a year, they've sounded great, but even a scuff or any sign of use. The big ear-pads are comfy enough to use just to block out the office noise too.

They're much bettter built than Beat Audio too, from what I've seen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001UE6PE0/?tag=cliospnet01-21

TBH I'm not a big brand person anyway, but when I heard the solos in HMV I thought 'WOW'. They were so clear and just amazing really, better than any other headphones I've heard.

Not a 320d
Theyre what we in the ghetto call "Overpriced s**t".

What do these retail again? I remember it being so shockingly much. You can get a set of Dt880 Pro's for less than them.

They look ridiculous, I dont even think they feel well built. They have mega amounts of bass and the mids and highs are pretty shat.

I suppose to your average moron whos been listening to a pair of JVC's or Crapple Ear Buds theyre brutally fantastic. Most people seem to listen to D&B and R&B and whatever else has mega bass and a distinct lack of real instruments these days. So moving to these will make average joe think holy s**t, TONS of bass, and "clear" mids and highs (loller). They also have Low impedance so theres no requirement for an Amp. IIRC they are also noise cancelling (Or they are atleast closed cans) so that new experience of drowning outside noise out will be great.

Truth is with all these reccomendations of Grado (Probably the Bass'yest open cans youll find) and what not will be a bit s**t to most people because most people seem to be bass heads. I suggest you look elsewhere and save big bucks, or invest the extra in a good Amp or an MP3 player than plays lossless.

Good closed set of cans with low impedance......Beyerdynamic DT770's (32Ohm).

If thats what you want, and you have £280 to literally set on fire then I say go for it. if not, do you research and get something else. Check out Head-Fi forums.

Not a 320d
Because they say Dre on them.

Theyre also glossy and shiney.

I wouldnt describe them as Loud atall. Just shitloads of bass.

They also Cost £280 so people think they must be good or something.

Makes me physically sick how everyones buying them. Worst thing is, I tell people why they shouldnt buy them and how they should buy something else, but they still go buy Dre beats. Ive had a few mates do it.

I picked up a pair and thought they sounded good. I picked up a pair of other non-beats expensive ones and they didn't sound half as good!

Some people like them.

DB.

BMW 440i
I picked up a pair and thought they sounded good. I picked up a pair of other non-beats expensive ones and they didn't sound half as good!

Some people like them.

I did the same with a similar priced pair of bose headphones.

Sounded very similar, i preferred the bass on the beats. Haven't bought either though.

2.2 bar shed.
If you want base heavy headphones then Pioneer HDJ2000's are the bomb. If you want accurate headphones go for some Grado's.