ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with existing springs!

Arctic 182
Hi all, as above really. I'm led to believe my springs are 35mm K-Tec ones but based on the receipt I got in the history (prev owner) I can't be sure. Pics included (iPhone) to show how it sits now & one of the spring on the rear, bit rusty but they've been on a while.

Don't get me wrong, the car handles ok for me & takes the corners well but the ride is a little bit harsh. Plus I've just had 2 new front tyres due to excessive wear & everything else appears fine like the tracking & ball joints etc. Been doing research & thinking about Cooksports which seems to be the way to go. If I do it, it will just be for an upgrade/refresh really. Currently on standard shocks/dampers & have subs in the boot so it sits a bit lower than standard! Thoughts please?! Cheers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416565957.264556.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416565968.879364.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416565978.479058.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416565988.296000.jpg

Excuse my curbed alloy & dirty car. Needs a refurb & a wash!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
standard shocks with cooksports work really well from what I've seen on here.
Wish you'd have said that you planned on changing springs last week!
I've just bought some this week!

Arctic 182
standard shocks with cooksports work really well from what I've seen on here.
Wish you'd have said that you planned on changing springs last week!
I've just bought some this week!

Yeah from what I've read it's a winning combo! I've only just started thinking about it tbf, what ones have you got? It's just my ride is a bit too harsh & I fancy a change (plus better handling). I don't think mine are ktec either :/

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Lol, fair play.
I got a deal on here for some 40mm's last weekend.
You'll probably find they've got some branding on them when you remove them

Arctic 182
Lol, fair play.
I got a deal on here for some 40mm's last weekend.
You'll probably find they've got some branding on them when you remove them
Yeah that's one thing I haven't done is have the wheel off & check for branding. It's either do it or don't I suppose, more research!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Well i'm playing mechanic sunday onwards if you want to swing it by.

A couple of the locals are chipping in aswell :) lol

Arctic 182
Now thinking of full refresh just for purposes. Four new shocks + cooksports. Worth doing for the ride/handling improvement? If I do it will it need any bushes replacing to make the most of it? Cheers

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
lol, if you're going to go springs and shocks then polybush it aswell, get your moneys worth!

Arctic 182
I've read things about too much vibration with the polybush ones. I think we need to have a chat lol.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
haha. I've only polybushed my dogbone mount as the 182 manifold was banging my ARB.
I was worried about vibration from that going off what I'd read but its not noticeable.

Probably will be on a whole front end though.

Arctic 182
So that's not much of an issue as I've got standard manifold. Really not sure, I reckon I've got 3 options.

1: New springs only (thinking Sportlines as Cooksports out of stock)

2: New springs, shocks & OEM top mounts.

3: Go balls out & go full on refresh, wishbones, tie rods ETC. But Steve has just had a poke around & he said the ball joints etc are fine so I'm thinking stick with option 1 or 2. Currently on 86k so new shocks would be a good move. Belts ETC done at 72k so haven't got that expense for a while.