ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Macbook/Apple CustServ

Clio 197
Hiya,

I've had a fault with my screen right from when I received my MB two months ago...

...I've been trying to sort the problem with drivers/re-install etc.

I called their tecnical dept, who told me I need my screen replaced blah blah, and there'll be a 1 week turnaround.

Anyways... try to switch my machine on today, and NOTHING.

Screen backlight comes on... but no sounds... the HD isn't even reading/writing.

I suspect a mobo problem... but I don't want to be farked around with bloody repairs.

Can anyone suggest a way in which to convince them to replace the whole bloody machine (saving lots of time & hassle)?

Clio 197
Got it replaced.

All you have to do is speak to the US based customer service team. - they're FAR more sympathetic than the Irish customer service team.

Different culture I guess.

I went direct to an Apple Service Centre (although I knew someone there) and they fixed it on a next day basis.

Dunno if it was because I knew the guy, but they picked it up from my work for me.. fixed it, and dropped it off on two occasions.. I was only without it for about 2 days each time. :D