ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitant cold start

172 cup
Having a small issue with my 172 cup. It seems to hesitate on starting from cold. I did have a new lambda sensor fitted which I thought sorted the issue. But its gone back to struggling to start. Its only a minor issue as the engine does turn over a few more times from cold before starting, and some times doesnt even start. When it doesnt start first time, I just turn the key again and it fires up.

I am getting a clutch, billet flywheel & manifold fitted soon and wondered a) could this be a starter motor issue? and b) I guess this would be simple to change whilst doing the clutch/manifold?

Cheers.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
the fact it's turning over without any problems should tell you it's not a starter motor problem.

It's common for Clio sports to be poor at starting first time

172 cup
the fact it's turning over without any problems should tell you it's not a starter motor problem.

It's common for Clio sports to be poor at starting first time

wasnt sure if this could be the begining of starter motor failure?

as you can tell im not a technical person.

04 Monaco Blue 172
sorry for the epic revival

but mine has just started doing this, not firing first time

am i looking at fueling or cleaning the throttle body etc?