ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey everyone x

Clio 172 Cup
Hey everyone,

I'm Chloe from Essex and my parents have just bought me a 172 cup to replace my old fiesta that failed it's MOT.

Is the cup a good one, because may parents just bought me it without asking :S I wanted a 182 (the red ones with the dark wheels) but didn't have enough to put towards it :(

I've already put some alloys on it and was wondering what I could do to it next?

Anyone else on here from Essex?

Chloe xx

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
well imo the cup is the drivers one! but i hope you are aware it doesnt have abs or any driver aids! also the wheels you have taken off are very good wheels......

in terms of next i would go suspension brakes and an exhaust

possibly the quickest bar the v6 but not proven, also does away with all the luxurys but weighs in at less and if people tell you weight doesnt make a difference they are lying

p.s welcome to cs

Clio 172 Cup
What wheels is it supposed to have?

What's ABS?

It's got aircon and power steering :) which my fiesta didn't have :(

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
abs is anti lock braking (stops you skidding) go careful in the wet....

should have come with speedline turinis on see my lil pic....

its rare they come with aircon.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
lol! just give her a good name............ theres loads of info on here .use the search function it will become your best friend as sometimes folk on here are not all to helpful. but then other times they are stars. right im off to bed! balls to staring at this laptop any longer lol

a burnt one
I usually make a name for my cars from the last 3 letters of the registration, it is called that name when it is'nt being battered basil fawlty style and called little c**t.

Clio V6 230 Phase 1
Hi i'm new here also.
But as already said the 172 cup is the Drivers car and is as fast as the standard V6 up to 4th gear then the V6 comes on line with the power. :dapprove:

Be very careful in the wet as this little rocket will catch you out. Nice car cherish it.

Induction kit will give you good gains without too much expense.

Enjoy.
Dave

Clio DCi 65
Any pics? If the alloys on the cup were standard they'r mint wheels!

Fiesta to 172 Cup seems a pretty tasty upgrade!

The red one with the black wheels, Would of been a trophy IIRC,

hello, im new on here also and also from essex (near saffron walden).
nice car your parents have bought you!!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
alot of the cups are HT.. registered in portsmouth.. must be a storage yard there

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Id watch what your doing love, Thats a drivers car so easy on the anchors as there lack of ABS wont save you when you stand on the brakes!

ST1050, 320d
your parents bought you a cup....

why aren't my parents so generous. welcome, im from essex, and pretty much a n00b, where abouts are you from?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hi there, where in Essex are you? and what colour 172 do you have. I'll keep and eye out.

Get a nice exhaust on there, as the original one is bound to fall off fairly soon

LY V6 with Recaros
Hi, welcome to CS :)

I'm from Essex too (Hornchurch)
Whereabouts in Essex are you, I'll keep an eye out if you're nearby?