ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low Mileage Cup - Where best to sell?

Clio rs200
Looking foward to seeing it on CC's next year - only time will tell what it will make however it's not really in the same league as the AG Top Gear car - that car is a definate talking point at any car show in the country (Also I'm not sure what price would be put on the Number Plate alone) -
I don't disagree. Just using it as an example in respect of the 200 not being sought after.
* the best and lowest mileage example in the UK currently for sale ;)
*not currently for sale, but might be
Are there any other similar cars out there?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
With respect, this isn’t a ex Renault press car so it’s never going to achieve that kind of money.

Nostalgia drives values so cars you have mentioned above are purchased by people wanting a part of their youth back or they were pin up cars whilst growing up that they can only afford to own now.

Not to mention the fact most of the cars you’ve referred to have rally heritage and lots of it.

It will be worth good money as it’s low miles, that’s it, nothing more.

172 cup maybe 20k in 5 years with those miles & 182 trophy would be mid to high 20s now.

Its a cool car and hopefully you will enjoy it and maybe make a few £££ but it will never set new records.

My opinion of course, feel free to chime in on this thread in 5 years and update.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What do you have then?

If its similar spec, condition and mileage I'll give you the 7.5k you believe they are worth.
With all respect mate, some of us have been on here 20+ years and know RenaultSport in and out. The people who you're aiming to sell to in the future......are us! We're the enthusiasts! We're the ones who these cars mean most to 🤷‍♂️

Clio rs200
With all respect mate, some of us have been on here 20+ years and know RenaultSport in and out. The people who you're aiming to sell to in the future......are us! We're the enthusiasts! We're the ones who these cars mean most to 🤷‍♂️
I don't doubt that, however RS Rowe did post his view on this thread that he thought an as new condition, 8.5k mile, factory rs200 cup, with recaros and a/c, sat on new tyres, cambelt and dephaser done, fully serviced was worth about £7.5k.

If thats correct then its unbelievable value and anybody else has similar for sale at that price them I'm buying.

Clio rs200
I've missed this... It's standard I take it?
Sorry been away with work - yep totally unmolested factory cup - it has the a/c option and yellow dot recaro's, its a racing blue car.

Its just back from paintwork correction and to have a scratch removed on the rear bumper, really, really nice now and drives superbly.

Clio rs200
369810998_364350852927000_3188186766878327657_n.jpg
370726267_388172310212172_3514293235140081995_n.jpg
398363949_317042277792027_8974223831981112134_n.jpg
386859057_453093600717547_6112695196896696698_n.jpg
400609428_712997320464771_1069123667885104735_n.jpg

TrackerMan

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning mate. The last thing I would've done is put a post up on the forums and socials for everyone to have there 2p worth. £7500 I just read - Absolute laughable. If KGF are offering £13500 it's going live with them for £20k+.

If you don't need the money keep it.

TrackerMan

ClioSport Club Member
Ace. Another pleb.

READ THE REST OF THE REPLY!

The pleb read all you post. You advise was £10-£12k take £7500 for a quick sale which is IMO laughable. He's been offered £13k trade, admittedly he posted that after your valuation so show's how far off you are as this is a £15k all day. Don't be offended I'm not it's about opinions. If the OP wanted a quick sale it at £10k the car would be sold in less than half hour because I'd buy it as would plenty of others inc the trade.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I’m not offended. Just annoyed people keep getting fixated on half of what I wrote.

Clio rs200
I'm not 100% sure what i'ii
Stunning mate. The last thing I would've done is put a post up on the forums and socials for everyone to have there 2p worth. £7500 I just read - Absolute laughable. If KGF are offering £13500 it's going live with them for £20k+.

If you don't need the money keep it.
I really enjoyed an hours drive in it this morning, its a lovely thing. I'm very fortunate where I live that its <£150 year to insure and I've got several interesting cars so I can easily just tuck this up and enjoy it as and when - think I'll ponder it over the weekend.

I had a 106 Rallye new back in the day and a 205GTI - both are so expensive now.

TrackerMan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not 100% sure what i'ii

I really enjoyed an hours drive in it this morning, its a lovely thing. I'm very fortunate where I live that its <£150 year to insure and I've got several interesting cars so I can easily just tuck this up and enjoy it as and when - think I'll ponder it over the weekend.

I had a 106 Rallye new back in the day and a 205GTI - both are so expensive now.

As someone else mentioned if only we had a crystal ball. I had a Williams 2 back in 1998 3 years old with 18k on the clock. I p/x'd that car in for £6000 against new Integra Type R Dc2 with Honda. I went back into an Integra in 2008, I paid £5500 for a 1 owner 2000 (v) with 42k on the clock sold it a year later with 50k on the clock for £5k which was top end money then. Both those cars would be north of £25k now. I can't even bring myself to mention the S1 RS turbo i sold for £2500 :sick:

Clio rs200
Looking forward to reading the questions.

What questions are you expecting? car is straight, 2 owners, never damaged, mileage is genuine, it’s in great condition and it’s been fully gone though by a main dealer tech and had pretty much everything done on it (tyres, water pump, belts, dephaser, coolant, disks, pads, brake fluid, plugs, filters, wipers, wiper motor and mechanism, headlamps) wheel refurb, paintwork correction and nose cone repaint.

if I get a decent offer it’ll go, if not I’ll keep and enjoy it. It’s a nice thing.

My wife says my 911, plus an older Elise, BMW Cab and the Renault take up too much space in the garage.

Turbos.
Good luck in the auction! I think it should do well, but I also don't think the 197/200 has the following of the 172/182 in my opinion.

If it doesn't sell, I will be in touch.

Clio rs200
It may not be without storage costs but you still have to insure and maintain it.

And where does the 200 Cup rank in terms of desirability… probably behind the v6, 172 Cup, 182 Trophy, Williams, R26.R, Spyder, 200 Silverstone (?), 5GTT, 200 AG etc etc. Does it even make the RS top 10?

At the end of the day it’s your car, and your choice. There’s someone out there who might buy the car at the price you want to sell for, but it could be years before you find them. Personally I think for the money you might want, the target market will be very small.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush…

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I've been on this clio scene a long time. circa 2004. I've seen a lot.

it is a lovely car for sure. It has a few fundemental issues in my opinion that stops it making the top/crazy money.

1 - it is a 200 cup - No one really ever wanted a 200 cup back in the day. they don't really want a 200 cup in 2023 either.

2 - it has the ugly standard wheels. relatively simple to rectify. But then it wouldn't be original in my eyes.

3 - Colour - RB is/was a popular colour. But less so on the 200 imo.

For top money it should be Jamaican spec imo.

Overall I think it is a great looking car and the mileage etc superb. But it isn't a "halo" model of car in the CLio RS world imo. the low miles gives it good legs though.

Clio rs200
Fair response, linked article suggests it’s the amongst the best to drive, despite some exalted company.

I’ve seen quite a few sets of the speedline option alloys for sale, but think it’s better kept standard, so many have been modified or bashed.

How many left suggests there were just 429 200 Cups, of those just 341 appear to remain. White made up 55% of all orders Blue was the second most popular colour at 18%, just 1 yellow cup car and 18 green. Surprised by those numbers as it’s total sales were 20% less than a 182 Trophy and there remain circa 20% less cars left on the road today (341 vs 398) - but it tends to support your position that it wasn’t a car bought commonly when new.

it’s a nice thing, should go live on collecting cars tomorrow - I’ll see how it does. It doesn’t owe me much and I suspect it will appreciate if I store, service and use it lightly.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Good Luck with the sale.

Nice to test the price point on these car.

Especially a normalish one that is not a press car or been part of Renault Heritage Fleet.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
bad time of year, poor spec, be surprised if it makes more than 12k. (probably completely wrong) will watch with interest.