ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hey guys, new member from Southampton

Monaco 172
hey everyone,

i know tonight is massive with the new of Jacko (really devastated) but I thought I would introduce myself anyways as I'm buzzing from all the hype as it were.

i already have owned 2 Renaults, had a mk2 ph1 1.2 RT that the cambelt went on because the chap I bought it off before told me the belt was done but it hadn't been so it went snap at bout 2am 3 miles from my house, didn't want to wake the parents so was a long walk...in the rain in January... but for 600 quid T reg and 45k on the clock, cant complain and that was 2 years ago aswell. I bought a Megane Coupe Sport 1.4 16v facelift just after that and it has served me well over the two years with only an expensive MOT being the biggest knock back.

So after my essay (sorry) I am up to today where I have recently come into some money and now looking to buy a Clio RS but unsure of which to get. I'm sure at looking at a 172 because the 182's are a bit more than I would want to spend but I'm still deliberateing over a Cup of the 172 with the features. I probably won't be going to track use but I want something I know will sit comfy on the motorway to Uni in Portsmouth and has enough grunt and handling capabilities for the nice drives in the New Forest.

So yeah anyways I will be looking this weekend at cars and hopefully have one by next weekend if not sooner :) so ideas and recommendations are welcome from all

172 with k-tec sound
hi mate welcome i have a 172 shes great i didnt go for the cup she never fails to put a smile on my face so id say go for a 172 my brother in law has a rb 182 i love it but they were out of my price range too

RB 197
Hey Lukas,

Nice intro dude, seems your pretty into your Renwot's. Me too, had some animals :)

My Bro has a 172 Cup, it's lighter and quicker than my hefty RB 182. You'll love it.

Take it easy and see you about on the club.

Mel

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to CS.

I live in chandlers ford (not far from Southampton) I'll keep a eye out for you, and hopefully see you at some south central meets.

Monaco 172
hey guys thanks for the greetings, i actually put a deposit on a 172 this evening after having a little look over, comes with Cat 1 G5 alarm and immobiliser, about 90 pages of service history and tax and mot til september and december respectively. 50k on the clock and no marks or scratches so im pretty happy with that! :) now i just have to wait a month until im 21 so i can drive it, bloody insurance!!

Astra Twintop
Im from Sholing, work out in Hedge End.

Ive not got a RS, ive got a 1.6 Nautical Blue Replica

Monaco 172
oh so im right near you then, im from woolston and work in city centre

yeah your lucky, you get the looks of the RS without the nasty insurance premium!!

do ya head down to the retail park in hedge end on sundays?

Astra Twintop
not been one for that sort of thing mate. The old bill are always down there, and its full of 14 year old birds with 3 kids laying over the bonnets of random heaps of sh1t!!

Monaco 172
haha thank god you said that!! i went to just get a kfc in my megane coupe a few weeks back and some of them tried to get me to drag in the car park with their metro 116. havent been back to there on a sunday night since!

anyone know when the next southern meet will be?

Astra Twintop
if i need to go to kfc etc. i park in one of the industrial estates and walk over!

saves getting harrassed!

think its early July mate

Monaco 172
haha yeah i think if i get one more saxo vtr tailgating or revving me at the lights i might cry i swear

any ideas on a location aswell? (sorry to be so annoying haha)

if its early july i think i might have to take just pics of my ph2 172 as i wont be able to drive it lol

Monaco 172
Welcome mate, bet you cant wait to get out in the 172. How long until your able to drive it.

the 22nd of july is the day i can drive it woop woop!! thank god, i really cant wait to get behind the wheel, all i have done is rev it up and down the drive and washed it haha thats all i can do :( stupid insurance!!

sorry about the late reply by the way guys, been sorting the finances out and the car is mine now :) just got to get the cambelt done now but 50k on the clock with fsh and only the steering wheel trim needs sorting, does anyone know the cost of a new one and also a good place the get my cambelt sorted on the south coast? i hear rentech and ktec are very safe bets?

thanks

Monaco 172
Id recommend rentech, mike and team are superb!

ok cheers mate, quite handy as i go to uni in portsmouth. i rang them up the other day and they gave me a quote for the cambelt change at 400 quid for their parts and 460 for the original renault belt. has anyone noted any difference/problems with the unofficial renault parts??

thanks