ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi advice.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Hi all. Ive just signed up and am looking for advice please. Just sold my third impreza and am poss looking for either a 172 cup or 182? Has anubody else made a similar move? And do you think i would be happy with the performance? Is reliability an issue?

Any advice welcomed

Regards Dan

Clio 182
Hi Dan,

I went from a 2003 Impreza with Prodrive pack to my lil Clio 182 a year and a half ago. I wasn't disappointed at all ... but then I am a girl :) It's jut like a little go-cart!

Nah, honestly you might miss the OMG thow you back in the seat punch that the Impreza gives you but as an every day car I would take my Clio every time. It has the power there when you need it (surprisingly quick I thought) but you can drive it normal too. I usd to find that when I had my Impreza I felt I had to drive harry flatters everywhere to get any fun out of the thing. I was always overtaking in stupid places etc just because I found it boring to trundle along at 40mph to and from work every day.

Have you taken on for a test drive yet?

I haven't had any reliability problems as yet (touch wood and pray!) but I'm sure if you make sure you don't get a wrong'un you'll be fine. Lots of fun!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks hun. I havent driven one as yet but hopefully this weekend. Which model do you reccomend to go for? Oh and 40mpg sounds like a winner, lol. Appreciate your comments.

Dan

Clio 182
Depends how much you've got to spend I spose. I know you can pick up 172's pretty cheap now and 182's are coming down in price. Maybe have a look in the 'For Sale' section on here to get an idea of price. I don't think there's much between the two models tbh, 'cept 182 has a tiny bit more power + two wheel barrow handle 'zorsts sticking out the bumper! Ha! Depends what you like.

I drive to and from work every day in traffic (7 miles appox.) and my car does 35mpg rounghly, mid 40's on a longer run.

So far mines cost me nothing in the year n half I've had it, except oil changes every 6 months courtesy of good ol dad. In the process of getting some coilovers, wheels + zorst at the mo tho so have just spent a fortune! Just can't leave things alone!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I have been looking around. They seem to vary so much in price. Ideally ive got 6500ish... to spend. If i went for one it would be the 182. Normally renaults are renowned for reliability issues thats why i ask. The thing to do is go and drive one i suppose. The thing is i could get a loan to bridge the gap and go down the impreza/evo route again, tbh not sure if i want,. My mates reckon im mad chopping and changing all the time. And if i got another subaru again, that would be the iceing on the cake, so to speak. With u having an impreza before, do you think it would be a big disapointment?. Performance wise i mean. Apologies for going on.

Dan.

Clio 182
Erm ... erm?! Yes you would miss the punch of the turbo, yes you would miss the fodda fodda fodda noise of the engine ... and the Subaru's are very reliable I guess. Don't know what to say really, see if you can have a drive of one (preferably without the sales person sitting next to you!), make sure it's had time to warm up and then have some fun.

If you really are a Subaru man thru and thru though then I think you would miss the scoob, I got rid of mine coz there's normally only me in the car and it seemed a bit of a waste having such a big car ... plus I was going to hurt myself in it at some point!

Sorry I can't be of much help :S only you can make the decision at the end of the day! Decisions are a nightmare aint they, I had four cars last year, ha ha!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Your advice is appreciated. Indecisive is prob the best word to describe me, lol. Will have a look at one or two and take it from there. Thanks alot for your feedback. Take care.

Dan.