ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from sunny Crewe

necromancer18

ClioSport Club Member
  182, 330ci Clubsport
Hi,

About 4 weeks ago I got a FF 182 in Titanium Silver, 2005, 62k miles, and so far loving every minute of it and the huge grin it puts on my face. Although 7000 beans in a Clio still feels a bit unnatural! It's got Cooksport springs along with a KTR decat and KTR/Janspeed exhaust with slash cut tips, and Brembo HC discs and pads up front. Stock apart from that.

Plans so far are:
Basic service over the holidays (oil, filter, plugs, paper air filter for now)
Investigate and solve slight rattly knock coming from drivers front suspension over slight bumps at slower speeds
Investigate and solve sticking rear passenger brake when cold
4x Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2's (current tyres are proper poo)
KTR induction kit
Remap at EFI (Runcorn)
Skoda splitter (to replace the current invisible one)
3M headlight restoration kit
LED sidelights to match xenons
Silver indicator bulbs
New fog light to replace a corroded one
Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited for mainbeams
Also tempted by some Turini's at some point.

And that will probably be it, just want it looking clean, fresh and sweet. Not chasing big bhp numbers in it - it's not the car for that - but just want it performing at it's best, running sweetly, and making the most of the few mods. Smoothness and driveability is the aim of the remap.

I was looking for a fun car and I've always liked the RS Clio's, and I'm really glad I got one it's awesome :) Also have an E46 330ci Clubsport which I haven't even driven for 2 weeks until today - the 182 is too much fun! Just raw and involving. Also have an S14A 200sx which has been off the road for a while with a cracked piston, still deciding the fate of that.

Looking forward to spending some time on the 182 now and getting it how I want it. It will likely be making a trip to Oulton Park at some point too. I went to watch a track day there last week and there were about 12 of them on track!!

Long live the 182!!!

necromancer18

ClioSport Club Member
  182, 330ci Clubsport
Cheers mate.

I saw the thread on that last night but can't make it on the Friday unfortunately. Got my work xmas do in Manchester getting royally bladdered, but I'll definitely get along to the next one. Also gonna get to the rolling road day at EFI on 31st January, want to see if my engine is a strong one and how it's running.