ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi guys i have a question

clio 1.4 rt
i have recently bought a clio off a mate it is a 1997 1.4 rt it has got a 1.8 laguna throttle body attached it does go well to behonest, except for tonight when it is stuck idling at 2000k i have read that it could be the coolant temp sensor but im not sure i am stuck on this one has any one experienced this problem before ?

and second he has told me it is the same bottom end as a renault 5 turbo and if i wanted i could attach the top end from one to the 1.4 is this the case or has his wires got crossed some where he said they did a air cooled one and a water cooled one and is not sure which one i would need can anyone confirm this information is correct or not.

thank you

Clio 172
I'm not to sure what switching various parts around and whatnot would cause, but assuming having the incorrect parts fitted isn't causing the problem, it would most likely be an air leak in the inlet somewhere I would imagine. You could spray it with soapy water and see if it sucks it in somewhere.